facebook

best way to configure projects?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mike Suiter

i posted this at the end of another post, but it hasn’t received any responses for almost a week.

i’m having difficulties trying to configure my myeclipse projects. prior to myeclipse, i already had one big eclipse project that contains our EJBs, JSPs, clients, etc. we use ant, which takes care of the build. here is our current project:

wp33 project 
      src 
        com 
          wp 
            client1 
            client2 
            server.ejb (my main ejb code) 
            demo.ejb (our demo ejb code) 
            demo.jsp (our demo jsp code) 

this is all under one folder on the drive. now, i want to create additional projects for my existing EJBs, etc. to take advantage of the myeclipse features. what is the best way to do this? can i keep the EJB code in both my main project and new myeclipse EJB project, and possible link them so both projects see the same code? ideally, i would like to keep all my source code under one folder on the filesystem, but i don’t know if this is possible with multiple projects.

any help would be greatly appreciated. if i can get past this, then i have the green light to buy copies for all our developers. myeclipse looks like a great product. if phone or email might be a better way to help me, let me know.

#200126 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

MyEclipse EJB projects are basically enhanced Java projects. Thus you can use linking and filtering on the project’s build path to association a subset of Java code in a src tree with an EJB project. We are working on similar flexibility for web projects.

I hope this helps.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: best way to configure projects?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in