facebook

bug–mac os x–jar dep projects & place in the ‘lib’ dir

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

eear

this feature of web projects works great on windows; but on max os x i think it is broke. it doesn’t work for us.

pls investigate. thx.

#229738 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I don’t understand the bug you are reporting, please provide more detail as well as posting all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#229865 Reply

eear

ok

so in my eclipes, you can make your web app dependent upon other java projects.

this will automatically jar up the contents of that java project (class files, etc) and deploy it to the web-inf/lib dir of you r web app. works great on win; does not seem to work on max os x.

does my explanation make sense to you?

thx

#229866 Reply

Riyad Kalla

this will automatically jar up the contents of that java project (class files, etc) and deploy it to the web-inf/lib dir of you r web app. works great on win; does not seem to work on max os x.

Yes thank you for the clarification. Have you made sure that your deployment settings for your project (or globally) are set TO JAR up and deploy dependnt Java Projects? This is a non-default deployer settings that you will need to turn on.

#229927 Reply

eear

@support-rkalla wrote:

Yes thank you for the clarification. Have you made sure that your deployment settings for your project (or globally) are set TO JAR up and deploy dependnt Java Projects? This is a non-default deployer settings that you will need to turn on.

yes that was the first thing that i checked

#229983 Reply

Greg

eear,

What version of MyEclipse and Eclipse are you using on Mac OS X?

#230051 Reply

eear

the latest version 3.8.4

#230416 Reply

eear

status?

#230462 Reply

Greg

Are you using exploded deployment or packaged? I tested it on OS X and in both types of deployment, the dependent java project is being packaged. Are there any other details you can provide that might be different with your environment?

#230471 Reply

eear

hmmm, exploded deployment. its a basic web app running on tomcat 5.x on mac os x; struts with a seperate java utility type of project that the web project is dependent upon. cvsnt for scm.

thx

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: bug–mac os x–jar dep projects & place in the ‘lib’ dir

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in