facebook

Build my application outside MyEclipse with ant

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi.

This must be a frequent question but I couldn’t find the answer here.

I have built a J2EE application with several war and EJB jar projects.It’s working perfectly for me and my colleagues. But now, I have to deliver my all my source code to my customer and the customer needs to be able to change the code and rebuild the EAR file.

So, is there any way that I can generate build.xml files from MyEclipse projects ?
    If not, did someone already do this job and can share his build.xml files using the default MyEclipse output folders ?

Thanks a lot

#245847 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Vivansa,
    There is no way to generate a build.xml file at this time, yes it has been requested a lot but for technical reasons we haven’t begun work on this yet. If you did provide a build script you would need to write it manually.

#245886 Reply

OK Thanks.

I’ll try to post some build.xml templates here when I’m done with it.

#246292 Reply

HP-France

Any news about this … as we also need it. In a real project, packaging and testing, deployement are generally done outside MyEclipse by ant scripts. So… it is really a need for big projects production env.

#246438 Reply

Edmond Wong

I think I also asked for this last year as well. We use the build script for build automation.

#246442 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys this has been asked for since MyEclipse was released, I explained in another thread that there was always a technical concern for us to doing this, but with the 5.0 release we will be normalized ontop of the WTP platform as well as all other J2EE vendors in the Eclipse space which will make developing something like this much more plausable. Beforehand we always knew we would refresh ontop of the WTP platform, so *any* Ant solution we came up with before then would be thrown out completely and be a waste of resources internally, so we didn’t address it.

There is no set plat for addressing it post MyEclipse 5.0 but it’s certainly something we would consider if the demand was still there at that time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Build my application outside MyEclipse with ant

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in