facebook

button of ide in linux

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mausca

Dear all,

After the installation of Eclipse 3.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.2 in Linux Mandrake 10.1 I have this problems:

1 – when I select any menu in the menu-bar, all buttons, in all the window thar appear, can’t contains the relative description. In all button the text is trucate in orizontal because the button have the height lower then the text contained.

2 – when I lunch the create new project wizard more buttons was not enable, when I complete the form this button must be enable (for example the “next” button in the first page of “create new project” wizard is enabled after I write the project name) but this is disabled.

Can you help me !!

Sorry for my bad english,
    by Maurizio.

#219846 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Maurizio,
    Eclipse 3.1 is not supported at this time… you will want to install Eclipse 3.0.1 SDK and if the problem persists, search our forums for “GTK” as the version of GTK you are using is likely causing the resizing issues… people had to downgrade from 2.4.11 ro 2.4.9 I believe to get rid of the problems.

#219924 Reply

mausca

I’m sorry, I install Eclipse 3.0.1 and no Eclipse 3.1.

#219925 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok did you try the rest of what I suggested? I’m almost certain its your GTK version… what do you get when you type:
    rpm -qa | grep gtk+

at the command line?

#220063 Reply

mausca

I receive this messages:

libgtk+-x11-2.0_0-2.4.9-9mdk
    libgtk+1.2-1.2.10-40mdk
    gtk+2.0-2.4.9-9mdk
    libgtk+2.0_0-2.4.9-9mdk

#220080 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That version looks like what the other GTK users had to downgrade to for the GTK widgets to display correctly, but they were both on Fedora Core2.

Can you try upgrading your GTK+ libs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: button of ide in linux

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in