facebook

Can’t connect to MySQL through DBExplorer [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Skywalker14

Hi,

I have a problem when I want to connect to my MySQL server with the DBExplorer of MyEclipse

Versions:
    MySQL 4.1.7
    W2K
    Eclipse 3.0.1
    MyEclipse 3.8.2
    JBoss 3.2.2

When I try to open a connection, I have the following error message:
    Error while trying to login to database:
    Communication link failure: java.io.IOException, underlying cause:
    Unexpected end of input stream

STACKTRACE:
    java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of input stream

at
    net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDriverManager.getConnection(SQLDriver [can’t see following error]
    at
    com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.sessiontree.actions.LoginProgress$Login.run [can’t see following error] Source)

Thx for your help

#221147 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Checking with DB dev.

#221161 Reply

Skywalker14

I am the DB dev.

What must I check ?

#221162 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry, I mean OUR developer that wrote the DB module 😀

#221260 Reply

support-jeff

The issue is not in MyEclipse. The error indicates connectivity problems. Please confirm that your database is accepting connections properly, and that you have your connection url properly formed. There appear to be several posts on the MySQL forums about similar problems – please check there as well.

#221276 Reply

Skywalker14

Hi,

My problem is solved. It was due to the MySQL connector / J.

When I have downloaded the ZIP file (mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga.zip), I haven’t unzipped it to extract the .JAR (mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar).

So the driver location was not found as expected by DBExplorer as the packaging was incorrect.

#221904 Reply

Are you having to put that in aevery project that uses MySQL or is there a common place in which to place the jar file for the connector/J ?

#221905 Reply

support-jeff

DE is not project-oriented. You only need associate a Driver in preferences with the JDBC driver jar file located somewhere on your filesystem. Then you can create as many Connection Profiles using that Driver as you want.

#225385 Reply

ivansaraiva

I want to put a new MySQL connector / J X.X.X jar file, in one place where the eclipse smoothly add to all projects I’ll create with hibernate capabilities, like it does with its own MySQL connector / J and others connectors.
    How can do that?

Thanks,
    Ivan 💡

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Can’t connect to MySQL through DBExplorer [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in