facebook

Can’t define new oracle thin driver with MyEcl 4.1GA

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bobcoss

I just installed the 4.1GA. I uninstalled the previous version, installed the new one, and started eclipse with -clean.

Now I wanted to configure the oracle thin 10g driver to use the ojdbc14_g.jar that comes with weblogic 8.1.4. When I go to add the driver, I select oracle thin. Then I click add jars, and navigate to the library directory where the jar file exists, and click on it, and click ok.

I get an error message that says “A driver with that name already exists” and I cannot save the new driver. Now I don’t have any oracle drivers listed in the Configured database drivers list. In past versions, I did have some specified, but they are now gone. Also when I go to add a new connection to the database browser, I have several configured oracle drivers listed in the driver pull down.

None of these work though

How do I get rid of these old configured drivers so I can get the new one configured?

Thank you,

Bob

#245326 Reply

snpe

i define oracle driver without problem
    if you have any just change it or create new (set new name and populate driver data)

it work fine – you have problem with old definition, only

#245352 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bob,
    For the time being just add a “2” or another char to the name of the driver to add it, we are looking into this. It seems to be a problem with odler workspaces.

#245376 Reply

bobcoss

Hi Guys, Thank you for the responces. Adding a 2 to the name doesn’t work. I is seeing the classes or the packet within the driver and preventing me from adding it.

I did a little snooping around in the .\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer\SQLDrivers.xml file and found the offending driver definitinos. I deleted them, restared eclipse, and I was able to add the new drivers properly.

So the configuration screens for the new version arn’t taking into account old drivers that were previously configured, and preventing them from being edited or deleted for some reason. Note that these drivers were configured several releases ago, possibly during one of the release candidates.

Hope that helps someone else.

Bob

#245386 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bob,
    Thank you we are investigating this now, I’ll add your findings to the bug report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can’t define new oracle thin driver with MyEcl 4.1GA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in