facebook

can’t explore dbo schema with visual sql editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Scott Cote

can’t explore dbo schema with visual sql editor. My database is sqlserver 2005 and my tables are in the dbo scheme. Right clicking on my “Connected to TheDatabase” tree item presents me with a pop up menu that has the “New Visual SQL Editor” item. Right clicking in the design panel (the area below the text editor area), am presented with the “Add Table” item (the only item). Selecting it gives me a tree control with some of the db_XXXX schemes and the public schema (none of which I need). I do not see the dbo scheme.

#300215 Reply

scottccote,
    I do not have SQL server with me. I will get a dev team member to assist you.

#300229 Reply

Loyal Water

Scott,
    The installation information you posted was not helpful so I deleted it. Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for us.

I’ll get this tested at our end.

#300247 Reply

Scott,
    I was able to replicate this issue at my end using MyEclipse 7.5 and SQL Server 2005.
    I have raised a PR with the dev team.
    Thank you for bringing this up.

#300456 Reply

Scott Cote

you are welcome. Can’t wait to use the feature when the problem is resolved …..

#301875 Reply

Scott Cote

any idea when this issue will be resolved?

#301961 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Scott,

We have made some changes to the builder for the upcoming 8.0M1 release and it’s likely that this bug has been indirectly fixed. If not, we will probably pick it up in 8.0M2.

Sorry I cannot provide any further detail at this time, but I will keep you posted of developments via this thread.

#302184 Reply

Scott Cote

I eagerly await the fix.

SCott

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: can’t explore dbo schema with visual sql editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in