facebook

Can’t get code assistance to work with HSQLDB in SQL Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve just started using MyEclipse and installed the HSQLDB, I’ve tried to configure the SQL code assistance per the help docs.

I’ve checked the preference to load the DB meta data at connection time, but that doesn’t work for me.

Now when I press Ctrl-Space I get a “error sound” but no SQL assistance, while in the SQL editor – yes the DB is connected and the editor has the DB connection in the “Choose Connection” drop down. The SQL runs so I know it’s getting to the DB and returning data. I really like the code assistance that the help docs say works.

Is there some trick with HSQLDB 1.8 that I need to know about?

Thanks David

#263465 Reply

Haris Peco

David,

Content assist in sql editor have constraints.What command you have tried and where you press CTRL-Space

Thanks,

#263467 Reply

I don’t know what you are asking about “what command” I tried.

I am pressing Ctrl-Space – the command for code assistance while in the SQL Editor for example:

select * from <Ctrl-Space>

I press Ctrl-Space at the point where a table name should be entered – expecting the list of DB tables to be displayed, it does not – instead I hear a beep – the sound windows makes when it can not do the command.

Thanks – David

#263468 Reply

Haris Peco

David,

I answer me and you are correct.You can try type some letter and content assist will work after this, for example
    select * from p
    if you have table PERSON

I will add request for content assist enhancement for sql editor

Thanks,

#263470 Reply

Peco, thanks for your help, but I’m confused.

My question / problem is that I do not get code assist with my database (HSQLDB). Is there some problem with my DB or the plugin or MyEclipse?

Thanks David

#263472 Reply

Haris Peco

David,

It is same for all databases.Content assists doesn’t work just after from clause.It will work when you type some character in table name.

There isn’t problem with your database.

Regards,

#263473 Reply

Oh – that’s how it works!!! Wow! – now I feel silly.

Thanks for your help – yes I have to type at least one character before Ctrl-Space – duh.

Again Thanks Peco! 🙂

#263474 Reply

Haris Peco

David,

It is not your fault.You are correct, we need add this features

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Can’t get code assistance to work with HSQLDB in SQL Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in