facebook

Can’t see database structure in DBBrowser window

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

hgbakker

Hello,

I installed MyEclipse yesterday (Eclipse 3.0.1, MyEclipse 3.8.2) and tried to connect to an database. I’m using an Oracle Thin Driver. The system succeeds in extablishing a connecting; I can even execute queries on tables. The problem is that I don’t see the structure of the database under the “Connected to …” icon in the DB Browser window.

What’s going on and what can I do about it?

-Harry

#220454 Reply

gus

I have the exact same problem using HyperSonic db. I successfully connect but do not see any tables or structure.

#220462 Reply

Riyad Kalla

gus,
    The problem with HSQL was addressed in another thread, it seems the DB doesn’t support schemas but Jeff was able to wiggle a fix into 3.8.3 that used another mechanism to display table structure.

Harry as for your problem, I passed the question along to our DB dev to have a look.

#220538 Reply

support-jeff

Harry –

Do you see nothing whatsoever under the “Connected to …” node in the browser? Or do you see some nodes (TABLES, VIEWS, etc.) and nothing under them? When you configured the Connection Profile, did you select schema to view? Do you have the proper permissions to view those schema? Also, please post any entries in the eclipse error log you see related to the plugin.

#220643 Reply

hgbakker

Hello Jeff,

no, I don’t see anything under the “Connected to …” node. However, I recently connected to a different database and now I *do* see tables, synonyms, etc. Maybe it’s some configuration problem but on who’s side?
    By the way, what do you mean by “dit you select schema to view”? Is this some button? Or did you mean the dialog from which you can choose which schemas to view under the connection node? In that case, I always selected the “all schemas” option.
    Further, I scanned the Eclipse log and found the following error message. It was repeated lots of times, probably once for every time I tried to connect to the database; so, for the sake of brevity I will just copy it here once
    :
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 dec 02, 2004 11:42:49.664
    !MESSAGE Error creating database model
    !STACK 0
    java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: Interne foutcode, argumenten: [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], [].

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:168)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:543)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1405)
    at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.fetch(TTC7Protocol.java:889)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:1681)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1870)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:538)
    at oracle.jdbc.OracleDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(OracleDatabaseMetaData.java:2295)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.getSchemas(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:242)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.dbviewer.model.DatabaseModel.initializeMetaData(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.dbviewer.model.DatabaseModel.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.sessiontree.model.SessionTreeNode.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.sessiontree.model.SessionTreeModel.createSessionTreeNode(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.sessiontree.actions.RetrievingTableDataProgress$RetrieveData.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Maybe this helps you in some way.

Thanks,

-Harry

#220657 Reply

support-jeff

By the way, what do you mean by “dit you select schema to view”? Is this some button? Or did you mean the dialog from which you can choose which schemas to view under the connection node? In that case, I always selected the “all schemas” option.

Yes, the dialog when creating/editing a profile. Try selecting the option to chose schema to display. Does this work for you or does it also fail?

It being an ORA-600 error (internal error), I surmise the issue is on your end. Basically, the DatabaseMetaData is unwilling to return the names of the schema in your database. Are there schema defined? I think by default there has to be (public, sys, etc), but perhaps something is misconfigured? I am not an Oracle expert, I only play one on TV. 😉 Sorry to be of little use on this part.

#220796 Reply

lchuenya

Hi!
    I’ve the same problem as Harry. Cant see anything under “Connect to …”. Can’t see table structure too. There is also no option for me to configure schema to view. Under my “Create a New Connection Profile” there is only name, driver, url, username, password. Pls help. Thanks!

#220799 Reply

lchuenya

Okay, found the schema. I’ve tried all combinations (all schemas, etc) to no success. Still cant see database structure nor use code assist. My version of MyEclipse is the latest 3.8.2. But when I view the plugin details, all are 3.8.2 except DB explorer which is 3.8.1. Not too sure whether the problem with viewing db structure could be linked to my inability to utilise your DB drivers to connect to my Oracle 8.1.7 database. I’m using my own weblogic.jar, Weblogic OCI driver to connect instead. When I try to use your Oracle OCI, I get the following error when tryiing to open a new connection: Io Exception: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135296000)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_. When I try to use your Oracle Thin instead, I got: Error while trying to login to database: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

#220801 Reply

support-jeff

Oracle 8 is probably the issue. I have no instance of 8 to test against, and I do not believe it is a supported version. Also, “your Oracle Thin [driver]” is not a driver – there is a placeholder for installing the driver, you still need to do the latter through Preferences->MyEclipse->Database Explorer->Drivers.

#220873 Reply

lchuenya

oh i see. thanks

#220933 Reply

TBustamante

I’m having the same problem too. I tried two differents databases: hsqldb-1.7 and firebird 1.0.3 . The tree appears, but it does not show the tables.

#221063 Reply

TBustamante

Hi,

I updated to 3.8.3 version and it works perfectly now.
    Thanks,

Thiago

#221067 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad to hear it, thank you for updating this thread.

#222309 Reply

pyanni

I am having the same exact problem, but ll of my plugins say version 3.8.3, including the Database Explorer. Please help!

#242269 Reply

psubedi1

MyEclipse DB Browser won’t show ‘TABLE’ objects from a Oracle 10g database schema. I logged in as the schema owner. owner of the tables that exist the schema is also the same user.

When I use sqlplus I see the tables without any problem.

Using:

Version: 4.0.100 M1
    Build id: 20051103-4.1-Milestone1

Oracle Thin Driver … 10g

Is this a known MyEclipse DB Browser bug?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Can’t see database structure in DBBrowser window

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in