facebook

Can the Swing module be downloaded

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

I know this sounds strange, but my company blocks MyEclipse automatic updates so I’ve not been successfully in implementing Swing here at work.

Can that be downloaded and then installed? I think I would be able to download it becuase I can get to the myeclipse web site.

Doug Hurst

#285406 Reply

Loyal Water

Doug,
    In that case I would suggest you switch to MyEclipse 6.5M1. The MyEclipse 6.5M1 Archived Update Site download has Matisse integrated in it.

#285427 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll do that.

Doug

#285436 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

I’m sorry to report that what you said is not the case. Matisse/Swing is not integrated in the 6.5M1 upgrade. The release notes for 6.5 are pretty much the same as in the past where you have to go to Help->Software Updates->Search for new features to install, etc, etc.

This worked fine at home, but unfortunately here at work, I cannot make the connection. It’s odd, I could download the 6.5M1 upgrade, but it will not make the automatic connection. I have found this to be true in other cases as well. I will check with our network guys and see if there’s anyway I can get this opened up, but they operate under some very strict guidlines.

I notice Lockheed/Martin is on you customer list. Is there anything specific I could tell the network guys that needs to be opened? Specific ports, specific URL, etc?

So, I’m still looking for a way to download and then add the plug-in if it’s available.

#285480 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

I apologize. I misunderstood what you meant by the archived update site. I’m downloading that version now.

thanks again for your prompt response.

#285481 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

One more questions. To install the archive update do I just extract the contents of MyEclipse_6.5M1_UpdateSite.zip it into…

c:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5M1

#285502 Reply

Loyal Water

First, you will have to set up Eclipse 3.3 and then go to Help > Software Update > Find and Install > Search for new feature to install > New Archived Site and point it to the MyEclipse_6.5M1_UpdateSite.zip. Follow the wizard to setup MyEclipse.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Can the Swing module be downloaded

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in