facebook

Cannot add Hibernate caps on Mac OS X

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bashener

myeclipse 5.0 +eclipse 3.2
    when i add hibernate capabilities in my project ,there is error.
    “the chosen operation is not currently available.”

#259265 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks. Please read the requirements carefully.

Also please let me know what kind of project this is that you are trying to add hibernate capabilities to.

#259423 Reply

I’m in the same boat also on myeclipse 5.0 with eclipse 3.2
    Running on an Intel iMac w/ OS X 10.4.7

Running the hibernate demo from the myeclipseide.com web site
    when I get to the step to “add hibernate capabilities”
    I recieve an error message that says “The chosen operation is not currently available”

#259437 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Most likely you guys have a corrupted install, you could try restarting eclipse just once with the -clean flag to see if it fixes things. (eclipse.exe -clean).

If not, I really need you to respond to the questions by rkalla above for us to be able to provide any assistance; otherwise we do not have enough information to properly understand your problem.

Thanks,
    Brian.

#259510 Reply

I’ve tried downloading and re-installing, i’ve also tried the clean option you mentioned (although it launched eclipse sans myeclipseide splash screen // I don’t know if that makes a difference?)

Anyway, same results.

Do you have any other suggestions? or is there more information I can provide?

#259513 Reply

*** Date: Thu Sep 28 10:29:47 HST 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=mac os x
    OS version=10.4.7
    Java version=1.5.0_06

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.0 GA
    Build id: 20060805-5.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.0.1 GA
    Build id: 20060810-5.0.1-GA

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-GNq6oQq-7es-Y81
    Build id: M20060629-1905

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-AgOexn6hlEUsvBO

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-F7snq1fxia-Z4XP

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-SVDNgVrNoh-MeGG

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m——6zXJJzJzJq

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.0.v20060626
    Build id: 20060627-0816

Eclipse startup command=-os
    macosx
    -ws
    carbon
    -launcher
    /Applications/eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/Resources/Splash.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    c0000
    -keyring
    /Users/iJohnny/.eclipse_keyring
    -consoleLog
    -showlocation
    -product
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    -vm
    /usr/bin/java

#259514 Reply

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2006-09-28 10:22:43.951
    !MESSAGE Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate was unable to load class com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.AddHibernateCapabilitiesActionDelegate.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.AddHibernateCapabilitiesActionDelegate
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:407)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1245)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:759)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:242)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:238)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:120)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:225)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1496)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1520)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1505)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1279)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3312)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2941)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

#259544 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I believe Brian is right, if MyEclipse is complaining about not being able to find one of it’s own classes then there is something wrong with the install unfortunately.

#259608 Reply

Well…. I’ve tried re-installing 3 times now, including re-downloading the myeclipseide installer. Still no luck, i’d suggest advertising that this feature does not work on OS X.

#259725 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Johnny,
    We’ve tried it on our test Mac machines and they worked, sorry for the delay in getting back to you I was waiting to hear back from the developers on this issue. We cannot reproduce the problem with a clean Eclipse 3.2 SDK and MyEclipse 5.0.1 install.

#259968 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Johnny,
    Was this issue resolved? I haven’t heard back from you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Cannot add Hibernate caps on Mac OS X

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in