facebook

Cannot create projects? Nothing happens. [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

danielkohl
    Participant

Hi all,

im working on Eclipse 3.1M6 using Java 5. I’ve installed the related MyEclipse (espacially for 3.1M6) and everting was fine. But unfortunately nothing happens when i want to create e.g. a Web project (also EJB and Enterprise).
    After pressing “Next” nothing happened…..

What did i wrong? Is Java 5 not supported? If not i would expect an error message during installation.

Greetings

Daniel

#228941 Reply

jgreenwald23

i am havingthe same problem – seems an obvious thing to have tested before release.

#228942 Reply

Nabil Suleiman
    Participant

did you try starting eclipse with -clean ?

eclipse -clean

and yes, that function was tested before release.

#228948 Reply

danielkohl
    Participant

@nabil wrote:

did you try starting eclipse with -clean ?

eclipse -clean

and yes, that function was tested before release.

“-try” doesnt help. I’ve now configured a batch to start eclipse with Java 1.4.2_07. Same problem. On the command prompt i get the message

Unhandled event loop exception
    Reason:
    WizardNewProjectCreationPage_browseLabel

(Starting eclipse on Java 5 i don’t get this message on the command prompt)

It really seems to be a problem! Near by some details:

– WinXP Prof. Service Pack 2
    – JDK 1.5.0_02 (That’s why i use 3.1M6)
    – Eclipse 3.1M6

What can i do? I ordered a key just a few days before because i thought this functionality (creation of projects) is only supported in the registered version. So it’s useless for me…….

Greetings

Daniel

#228949 Reply

danielkohl
    Participant

I’ve now installed all new. Now it’s working.

#228950 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Daniel,

Glad you got it working. This type of problem is typically caused by installing a MyEclipse release that is not the correct one for the Eclipse build that you’re using. We recently did a refresh of our beta 3.1 installation to support Eclipse 3.1M6 and my guess is that you installed a previosly downloaded build that only worked with 3.1M4. That’s why redownloading and reinstalling solved the issue for you.

#228954 Reply

danielkohl
    Participant

@support-scott wrote:

Daniel,

Glad you got it working. This type of problem is typically caused by installing a MyEclipse release that is not the correct one for the Eclipse build that you’re using. We recently did a refresh of our beta 3.1 installation to support Eclipse 3.1M6 and my guess is that you installed a previosly downloaded build that only worked with 3.1M4. That’s why redownloading and reinstalling solved the issue for you.

No sorry, Scott. The versions were right.

#228955 Reply

danielkohl
    Participant

Sorry. Once more in detail: I did not download a new one because i used the one (and i only had one!) which i downloaded a week ago. There could not be a version mismatch. Also on eclipse itself. I’m working with Java 5 and use the new features of it. And this is today only supported by 3.1M6.

Greetings

Daniel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Cannot create projects? Nothing happens. [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in