facebook

cannot deploy App Server using Jboss 4.2.2 and MyEclipse 6.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

taicode

Hi,

I’m new to MyEclipse and Jboss as well. I have followed some of the posts on this forum (very helpful) on steps to deploy a simple JSP page print just “Hello World” using MyEclipse and Jboss 4.2.2. I get errors at different stages below. Please help. Thank you.

When I start the Jboss server in MyEclipse, I get the following error in the Console window:

log4j:WARN Continuable parsing error 313 and column 11
    log4j:WARN The content of element type “root” must match “(param*,(priority|level)?,appender-ref*)”.
    16:47:23,112 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
    ….

— MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM —
    ObjectName: jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=OracleDS
    State: NOTYETINSTALLED
    Depends On Me:
    jboss.mq:service=PersistenceManager

I read some people on the web stating they see this error, but the JBoss server runs fine. So I proceed to next step:

I tried to deploy the JSP page, I get the following error in the console window:

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:634)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:214)
    Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:274)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1533)
        ... 4 more
    Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:248)
        ... 5 more
    Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:84)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:77)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:244)
        ... 5 more

#281977 Reply

Loyal Water

taicode,
    Can you try deploying and running the Jsp page against the MyEclipse Tomcat server. Do you still run into errors ?

#281981 Reply

taicode

Nipun,

thanks for your prompt reply. I tried with MyEclipse Tomcat, no errors–Good. Then I tried to update the simple JSP page, but no changes in the browser; I tried to re-deploy, but still no change effects.
    I read one thread on this forum, somebody says they figure out why it won’t take changes–due to TomCat Server Configuration, but did not say what configuration. I was hoping you could help me.
    Question 1: how to see the changes with MyEclipse Tomcat?
    Question 2: What do you think could be wrong with those above errors with Jboss 4.2.2 (I’m assuming at this point Jboss setting/config)?

Thanks.
    taicode
    Thanks.

#281982 Reply

taicode

Nipun,

nevermind, I got the changes to take place, under the WebRoot\WEB-INF folder, there are 2 *.jsp file, I just had to change in the index.jsp file and not the MyJsp.jsp file, although these 2 files are exactly the same.
    Thanks.
    Please advise on the Jboss question above. Thank you.

taicode

#282012 Reply

Loyal Water

taicode,
    Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: cannot deploy App Server using Jboss 4.2.2 and MyEclipse 6.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in