facebook

Cannot generate Web Service after importing WSDL file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

arupsarkar

Hi:

I have imported a WSDL file into my project, now I am trying to generate a webservice client, using File -> New -> Other -> Web Services -> Web Services Client. In the browse button I have specified the root project folder where I have imported my WSDL but nothing is coming up in “Select a WSDL” box.

PLease let me know what might be causing this issue.

Regards
    Arup

#270983 Reply

arupsarkar

I am using the following version and build. My frustration is I cannot see any WSDL file.

Version: 5.0.1 GA
    Build id: 20060810-5.0.1-GA

#270993 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Arup,
    Are you sure you named the WSDL correctly? For example, if you saved it with IE, it’s possible you typed in “myfile.wsdl” and because it detected it as type XML, it named it “myfile.wsdl.xml”

#271002 Reply

arupsarkar

Riyad: Using WSDL2Java I have been able to generate the client stubs which is working using the same WSDL file. So I know it is a good file. I have captured a screenshot which I would like to attach to this service request, then you can understand well. Can I send you an email with the screenshot.

Regards
    Arup

#271004 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Arup,
    Yes please click the “PM” button under my name and send me a private message with the screenshot attached and a link to this thread for reference.

#271009 Reply

arupsarkar

Riyad: I sent you an email attached with the screen shot.

Regards
    Arup

#271014 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Arup,
    I’m really sorry for not recognizing this earlier, but you are using WTP, not MyEclipse. If you want to create a new Web Service Client with MyEclipse, you want to use File > New > Other > MyEcliupse > Web Services > Web Services Client

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Cannot generate Web Service after importing WSDL file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in