facebook

Cannot see MyEclipse features in 5.5.1 with Pro Subscription

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

obrebskim

I recently downloaded and installed the MyEclipse workbench 5.5.1 GA with a full stack. I previously used the standard Eclipse 3.1.0 with MyEclipse 3.9. I have installed the 5.5 in a new clean location and entered my Pro Subscription info. The problem is that I cannot see any MyEclipse perspectives, nor configurable features like App Serve config, nor any of the MyEclipse new project types. I didn’t see any obvious installation problems.
    Please let me know what I need to do to fix it.
    Thanks,
    Mike

#271857 Reply

Loyal Water

On windows, the subscription information is stored at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\.myeclipse.properties. Can you see if this file exists, is writable by you, and it contains the correct subscription information?

#271892 Reply

obrebskim

This file exists, is writable be me, and contains the Pro subscription code that I received when I purchased the pro version on June 4.

#271904 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mike,
    These symptoms are spot-on for a corrupt install… could you try (for sanity sake) to download our 5.1.1 All in One installer (190mb) and run it. Install it to a brand new location, make sure you don’t install it to an existing location and then run it, and open your workspace and see if it behaves itself?

Missing perspectives, app server connectors, etc. seem to be the first plugins to die (fail initialization during startup) in a bad install… so I’m hoping the new install fixes that.

#271912 Reply

obrebskim

I have installed 5.1 by a clean install and everything is now working correctly.
    Thanks for your help.

#271913 Reply

Loyal Water

Glad to know its working..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Cannot see MyEclipse features in 5.5.1 with Pro Subscription

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in