facebook

Cant connect to WAS6 Express JVM

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jimmy Ray

I am using Eclipse 3.1 and ME 4.0.3 on Win XP SP2.

I have tried to configure WAS6 Express server connector based on the help document from this site. When I try to start the server in DEBUG mode, I get an error:

A configuration error occurred during startup. Please verify the preference field with the prompt: Transport dt_socket failed to intialize, rc = 509.
    JVMCI161:FATAL ERROR in native method: no transports initialized
    JVMDG217:Dump Handler is processing Signal 22 – Please wait.
    JVMDG303: Java core file written to G:\bin\javacore.20051228.132755.txt
    JVMDG215:Dump Handler has processed Error signal 22.

I have looked into the core file, but I can not see what is the matter. When I try to launch the server in RUN mode I get the following ClassNotFoundException.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.ExtClassLoader.findClass(ExtClassLoader.java:103)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:562)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:494)
        at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.java:166)

I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction. Any ideas?

#243848 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jimmy,

There are two things that come to mind. First, all WebSphere products must be launched with the JDK that IBM ships with them. If you haven’t specified that at Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Servers > WebSphere 6 > JDK then that could be the issue. The more likely problem, unfortunately, is that we don’t actually support WAS6 Express, just the full server. Differences between the startup mechanisms could keep the express version from working correctly since the connector is written for the “full” version of WAS 6.

If that’s the case, you can still use WAS6 Express with MyEclipse, but you’ll have to launch it from the commandline and use our Remote Debugging capabilities in order to connect with and debug it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Cant connect to WAS6 Express JVM

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in