facebook

change a project’s Hibernate version

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have an older project we’re ready to update from Hibernate 3.1 to Hibernate 3.2. It already has Hibernate 3.1 capabilities installed in the project definition. I can’t figure out how to change to Hibernate 3.2. I’ve already tried just updating the library set to the 3.2 libraries, but that doesn’t do it. I’d love to take advantage of the 3.2 tools in MyEclipse, but until I can get this project to believe it’s a Hibernate 3.2 project, I won’t be able to. Can you assist?

#288986 Reply

Loyal Water

You cannot upgrade Hibernate capabilities. You will have to create a new project with Hibernate 3,2 capabilities and transfer your code to the new project. I’m afraid there is no workaround.

#288987 Reply

I did successfully upgrade a small project from Hibernate 3.1 to Hibernate 3.2 by directly editing .myhibernatedata, by I have no idea what that will break in the future. So far, it seems to be working.

It’d be nice if we could get some insight into what’s legal in that file, so I could hand-tweak that.

#288988 Reply

Brian Fernandes

A direct edit of the .myhibernatedata file is okay, if you only change the version property. I would recommend restarting eclipse to make sure any cached project information is discarded (just to be safe). Would also recommend backing up your older .myhibernatedata file.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: change a project’s Hibernate version

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in