facebook

checking out a project from CVS

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mausca

Dear all,

I must configure a new web project by checking-out an existing project from a CVS repository.
    In the WEB-INF/classes directory of the existing project in CVS repository was present some file (xsl files, properties files and more…), at the and of “new project wizard” i can’t see this files in my project (the files is not in src directory and the classes directory is not visible). And then, after the first deploy of web application (I see that the files is not present in my project after this operation because i receiving more errors from jboss), i open the classes directory in the workspace and i see that the files was deleted by Eclipse (I not do this).

I using CVS of Eclipse and i can’t check-out the classes. I attempting to use Cervisia but i don’t now this. In wich mode i can resolve this problem.

Sorry form my english
    by Maurizio.

#221980 Reply

Greg

For a MyEclipse Webproject the output directory is set to <webroot>WEB-INF/classes. Any output directory can be scrubbed (all files deleted) at any time by the eclipse build system. The classes directory is the compiled output of all your source folders. Any non-java files that aren’t compiled can be placed in your source folder and they will be simply copied over to your output folder. So all of those xslfile, properties files need to reside in your source folder and then checked into CVS. Then when Eclipse builds your project those non-java files will be added to the classes directory and will be packaged and deployed correctly by MyEclipse.

#221982 Reply

mausca

Ok, I now this, but in which mode i can check-out only the properties and xsl files from CVS repository into a project folder?
    In the CVS repository perspective i can check-out only the directory and when i attempt to checking-out the classes directory into src project folder i receiving this error message:

Errors occured in 1 of 0 operations.
    Cannot checkout remote folder ‘classes’ into ‘/pltwebapp/src/classes’ because local folder ‘/pltwebapp/WEB-INF/classes’ is already mapped to remote folder ‘classes’.

#221988 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You’re having a problem because the classes folder resides under WEB-INF/classes in a web project, not under src/classes as you have configured in CVS. In any case, you really don’t need to check in or check out classes files anyway because they change all time. If you check them in, you’ll quickly bloat your CVS repository with a ton of binary files. In any case, you need to set src/classes to be ignored by CVS in order to correct the mapping conflict.

#221995 Reply

mausca

Dear Scott,

i want check-out all the .xsl and .properties files that resides under WEB-INF/classes folder of CVS repository to src folder of my webapplication.

If i do this I resolving the problem ?
    In wich mode i can do this in the “CVS repository perspective”?
    I can only check-out folder?

#221998 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Maurizio,

The way your project is checked into CVS is incompatible with Eclipse’s project layout requirements because you’ve got .xsl and .properites file directly in the classes folder. For Eclipse’s build process to function, they need to be under the source folder for the project. When the project is built, your non-Java files will be automatically copied to the classes directory, so they’ll end up where you want. However, placing them in the classes folder directly won’t work with Eclipse because the Eclipse build process deletes everything in the classes folder before the build starts.

The easiest way to resolve the issue is to set up the project in Eclipse so that it works properly and then create a new CVS project for it that mimics the project structure.

#221999 Reply

mausca

In CVS the project is checked for Jbuilder but i want work on it by Eclipse. I can do this if i check-out the files in src directory (i only use this file for launching the web application in my machine. I don’t modify this.). I can do this only by checking out any single file in my src folder.
    But for this action i needed another tools because CVS included in Eclipse don’t support this operation.

By Maurizio.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: checking out a project from CVS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in