facebook

Classes not being rebuilt in web project

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

albartell

Hi all,

I am working on a project that was started by someone else. That someone else uploaded their project into CVS. I checked out the project just fine into MyEclipseIDE, but when I build the project none of the class files are being created in the Webroot folder. I see the class folder but none of my package name spaces appear in it?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron Bartell

#225258 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you using the package view or navigator view to look at this? Package view by default hides the output folder.

Also check your Java Build Path settings for your Source and Output folders, make sure they are right.

#246748 Reply

albartell

@support-rkalla wrote:

Also check your Java Build Path settings for your Source and Output folders, make sure they are right.

I found the problem. It was because I had a .jar file on my classpath that wasn’t resolving. i changed it and now it compiles fine and puts everything in the WEB-INF/classes folder correctly.

It would have been nice to have a message stating why it couldn’t build to that folder correctly. Don’t know if that is something you can modify or if it is built into the base eclipse.

HTH,
    Aaron Bartell

#246751 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    You should have actually seen a “Classpath build error” in your problems view for issues like that. You can check your problems view Filters by clicking the Down arrow in the top right corner, then selecting Filters… then clicking Select All and OK just to make sure nothing is being hidden from you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Classes not being rebuilt in web project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in