facebook

[Closed] advanced oracle options

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

jae
    Participant

i am having problems using the advanced oracle features, specifically when it comes to stored procedures, etc.

if i right click on the “PACKAGE/PACKAGE_BODY” nodes, the only context menu option that appears is “copy object name” (this actually occurs for everthing except the table notes, which seem to be giving me the correct options.

i am running jdk 1.5 and eclipse 3.2M3 (which i know isn’t “officially” supported, but i have not had or seen any other issues). please let me know what other information you need to help diagnose this issue. i am connecting to an oracle 9i instance (Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0) using the lastest version of the thin driver for 10g.

thx!

#240954 Reply

jae
    Participant

i should also note that i am using myeclipse version 4.0.3GA

#240987 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jgangemi,
    Do you have an Eclipse 3.1.1 SDK install handy that you could try your setup with just for testing purposes? I’ve seen bigger bugs due to smaller things before that running an untested build is not just a slap on the hand, it can really be frustrating at times (little untracable bugs).

#241095 Reply

jae
    Participant

i gave this a try in 3.1.1 and i still see the same behavior. i do not believe it is a db user permission problem b/c i can compile plsql packages using the sqlplus interface.

#241138 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok thank you for trying that out, we’ll dig in to this.

#241142 Reply

jae
    Participant

thanks – please let me know if i can provide you with any other information

#253666 Reply

mjmotal

I’m also getting this behaviour. I have Eclipse 3.1.2/MyEclipse 20060309-4.1.1-GA using the Oracle thin driver against a 10.2.0.1 database. It’s not a permissions problem because I can connect with the same credentials using SQL Developer and I am able to view/edit the packages and package bodies.

#253668 Reply

mjmotal

Sorry, omitted the Java info. It’s 1.5.0_06.

#253679 Reply

Haris Peco

mjmotal ,

Please, tell me if this is true :

– you can connect and see package/package body nodes
    – when you rigth click on node you have only one action (copy object) ?

Have you data in Table Info views (Source, Info tab) ?

Best regards

#253739 Reply

mjmotal

Yes, I see the nodes.
    No, I get the same one option when I right click as the original poster: “Copy Object Name”
    Yes, it appears that I have full table functionality. At least for the tables I’ve examined.

I noticed after my original post that I’m also hitting the same problem on Triggers. I can see the trigger listed, but the only option I get is “Copy Object Name”.

-Michael

#253741 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The oracle features are PRO features, this means you need a preofessional subscription license to be able to use any of the extended Oracle capabilities.
    Can you confirm that you are a PRO subscriber and not Standard?

Best,
    Brian.

#253751 Reply

mjmotal

Yep, that was it. I upgraded to Pro and the functionality is there. I didn’t know there were other levels available as the product was originally purchased for me by someone else.

I think a better approach for the UI would be to show all of the options, but pop up a dialog box advising the user that that option is only available for Pro subscriptions.

-M

#253754 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Michael,

Glad you got it working.

I think a better approach for the UI would be to show all of the options, but pop up a dialog box advising the user that that option is only available for Pro subscriptions.

Good idea, I’ll mention it to the team.

Brian.

#253759 Reply

mjmotal

Thanks for your help on this.

-M

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: [Closed] advanced oracle options

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in