facebook

[Closed] ant build.xml file

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

shirodkar4

I want to know i there is any way to create a build.xml file in MyEclipse 5.1.0

#264647 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Shirodkar,

MyEclipse does not have any special support for ant build files, beyond the support Eclipse provides. If you create a new file named build.xml and you double click it, it should automatically open with Eclipse’s Ant editor. If that doesn’t work, you can right click the file, choose Open With > Ant Editor.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

#264648 Reply

shirodkar4

i want to know if there any support by which we can create a built structure in MyEclipse and get the details added in the build.xml file without manually writing build commands like mkdir in the build.xml file

#264651 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m sorry, there isn’t support for this at this time.

#264849 Reply

I’ve wished for that feature for a long time. MyEclipse is great for developing on a local tomcat, but then I have to use ant to make my test and prod builds.

Lee

#265359 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Lee,

For your test and prod builds can you just use File > Export > J2EE > EAR file or WAR file? That’s really what we intended them for.

#265542 Reply

@support-scott wrote:

For your test and prod builds can you just use File > Export > J2EE > EAR file or WAR file? That’s really what we intended them for.

There are changes in the config files from dev to qa to prod — how is that handled?

Lee

#265549 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Lee,
    It will need to be handled manually. MyEclipse doesn’t have a concept of different stages of development with configurable hooks that would automate something like this at the time.

#265550 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

It will need to be handled manually. MyEclipse doesn’t have a concept of different stages of development with configurable hooks that would automate something like this at the time.

Which is why folks are asking for the ant script (smile)

Love the tool — not hassling ya — just keeping our desires known.

Lee

#266037 Reply

jhm

Have a look at VirtualAnt: http://www.placidsystems.com/virtualant/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: [Closed] ant build.xml file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in