facebook

[Closed] Autocomplete with Table Aliases

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

cfraser

Hi,

I am testing MyEclipse IDE, and quite liked the SQL Editor to start with… however, it only seems useful with the MOST simple queries, that is, as soon as you introduce an Alias it does not do auto-completion.

I found a thread from a couple of years ago that this was not a high priority due to lack of demand… I then found a few extra posts requesting it.

From my point of view, except for the most basic queries, this is a required, or highly desired, feature… I would imagine that a high percentage (90%+ at a guess) of database developers would use Aliases in their day to day query creation, some queries are impossible without it…

Has any more work been done on this? If not, could anyone suggest a suitable alternative plugin?

Regards
    Colin

#265983 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Colin,

I agree with your points. Unfortunately, no work has been done in this area yet, but we are actively looking at enhancing the SQL editor. The 5.5GA release should ship with an improved SQL Editor and I will put alias auto-completion down as something we must support.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused until then.

#266013 Reply

cfraser

Sounds good! I shall keep an eye out for it.

Regards
    Colin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Autocomplete with Table Aliases

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in