facebook

[Closed] Can no longer reverse engineer Oracle tables

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JessTaylor

Hey all,

Using MyEclipse 4.1.0 GA I can no longer reverse engineer my existing tables in Oracle8i and thereby generate the hibernate mapping files and related POJO’s.

Using the previous version of 4.0 MyEclipse I could do this w/out issues. Tables I reverse engineered previously are now bombing as well as new tables I am trying.

I am getting the “An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”” error message. This happens early in the generation process – almost immediately.

I cannot see any relevant logging by MyEclipse or Eclipse so I’m pretty blind to the problem (I guess I don’t know how to turn them on).

Thus I’m pretty stuck.

Thanks, Jess

#245868 Reply

snpe

Jess,
    Do you try Error log view (Windows-Show View-Error log or Windows-Show View-Other-PDE Runtime-Error log)

#245871 Reply

JessTaylor

Thank you – duh!

Here’s the error. Again 4.0.3GA worked and now this. If you can give me a quick anwer for a work around I’d be grateful. In the mean time I’ll noodle on it too.

Thanks again,

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library C:\oracle\ora81\bin\ocijdbc8.dll already loaded in another classloader
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:228)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:249)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:365)
    at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:260)
    at org.hibernate.console.FakeDelegatingDriver.connect(FakeDelegatingDriver.java:23)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:72)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:1855)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$5.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:393)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:35)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:388)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:255)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

#245872 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jess,

The error log is crucial, you can check it out from the view as snpe suggested. If you could also answer all relevant questions here: Posting Guidelines

Be sure to mention the JDBC driver you are using. One of our users had a similar issue which went away when he upgraded his JDBC driver, I belive it is distributed in ojdbc14.jar by default.

Best,
    Brian.

#245873 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jess,

I just noticed your error log. The immediate solution is to switch to the Type 4 driver for your database connection from the Type 2 OCI driver you are currently using.
    If you don’t already have it, you can get the driver from here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

Once you setup your driver and database connection with the type 4 driver (the template is called Oracle Thin Driver), RE should continue smoothly.

Let us know if you require further assistance,
    Best,
    Brian.

#245875 Reply

JessTaylor

You guys are awsome – thank you. Will post the result.

#245881 Reply

snpe

Jess,

try use last jdbc drivers (10g rel2).
    this is link http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/jdbc_10201.html
    it work with oracle >=8i
    set default schema in hibernate.cfg.xml , too (for oracle schema=user)

#245882 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jess,

I can say for sure that your problem is due to the fact that you are using classes12.zip, that driver library is generally meant to be used with a 1.3 series JDK.
    Use the ojdbc14.jar file downloadable at the above locations and you should be all set, sorry for not emphasizing that earlier.

As snpe said, you can use the latest drivers with a backdated datbase, I haven’t come across any compatability issues with this combination and the 10g driver series is noticably faster.
    You could always get ojdbc14.jar for 8i as well. The default_schema attribute is not necessary in your config file for RE to proceed normally, but if you do set it, please make sure you set it to the correct value to avoid confusion.

Best,
    Brian.

#245946 Reply

JessTaylor

I appear to be all set – thank you very much!

Jess

#245947 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad it’s working out 🙂

Brian.

#246718 Reply

unsee

hi, Brian:

I have same question with Eclipse 3.1.2, My Hibernate Tools version is 3.1.1, I used newest oracle jdbc driver 10.2.0.1, ojdbc14.jar, But I also got the error message like the Jess say. How can I do?

#246725 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Unsee,

I’m afraid we do not have a My Hibernate Tools version 3.1.1 – have you installed MyEclipse 4.1GA or are you using some other tools?

Also, there were several problems mentiond in this thread, so if you can restate the problem you’re having, it will be cool.

What connect string are you using in the profile to connect to your database?

Best,
    Brian.

#246729 Reply

unsee

Sorry, I didn’t descript my message correctly. My Hibernate Tools version is 3.1.0 beta 2, and I had resolved this question by replacing the lastest hibernate tools which version is 3.1.0 beta 4. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Can no longer reverse engineer Oracle tables

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in