facebook

[Closed] Cannot find newly added table in ER Diagrams

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Using the following config:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_06
    Version: 4.1.1 GA
    Build id: 20060309-4.1.1-GA
    Version: 3.1.2
    Build id: M20060118-1600
    Database: postgresql-8.1.3-1 with included driver

I seem to be having a problem finding a new (manually) added table in the ER Diagram’s ‘Select Table’ dialog, while it IS showing up in the DB Browser.
    I’ve tried to refresh in every possible way, restarting MyEclipse but nothing seems to help.
    No Exceptions in the .log file either.

When I generate a completely new ER Diagram it does show up, but since my tables are increasing in number, I’m fed up with rearraging them every time I add a new table.

Any suggestions?

regards,
    Joost

#249705 Reply

Found a workarround for it…

1. Just added a nearly empty Table element to the .mer file with the name attribute only, using a text editor.
    2. Refreshed the .mer file in MyEclipse.
    3. Refreshed the table in the ER Diagram window.
    4. Place the table where you like in the ER Diagram window.

Still feels to me the “Select Table” dialog is not updated when a new entity is added, but it’s still better than rearranging the complete ERD every time I add a table.

Joost

#249710 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Joost,

If you click View > Refresh Diagram, all tables will be updated – new tables will be added and dropped tables will be removed.
    During Refresh Diagram, none of the existing tables are re-located, so I’m not sure what you meant by “rearranging the complete ERD every time I add a table”.

Select Table will show you all the tables that exist in the diagram, not in the DB Browser view which might be different depending on when you “refreshed”

Selective refresh and selective diagram creation capabilies will be available in MyEclipse 5.0, possibly as early as milestone 1.
    Let me know if anything is not clear or not working as advertized.

Best,
    Brian.

#249713 Reply

Thanks,

I did not see that menu option before. I expected it to be in the context menu 🙂

Joost

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Cannot find newly added table in ER Diagrams

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in