facebook

[Closed] Checkboxes don’t display in the UI

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ralph Largo

Running Version: 5.0.1 GA
    Build id: 20060810-5.0.1-GA

Eclipse:
    Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-AgOexn6hlEUsvBO
    Build id: M20060629-1905

Windows 2000 Professional.

All checkboxes in the dialog boxes or the Preferences window either show up black, or if they show up white, they will not display a check when you click on them. The checkboxes work, but you cannot see the checkmark visually. You have to guess if the checkbox is selected.

Earlier versions of MyEclipse and Eclipse worked just fine on this machine. Problem started when I upgraded both MyEclipse and Eclipse.

Thanks

#258340 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m having a hard time understanding what you are reporting exactly, can you post a screenshot by chance? Also if it’s a rendering issue, please try and upgrade your graphics drivers to the newest release. You’d be surprised how readily SWT and to a greater extend, Swing expose rendering bugs in drivers.

#258513 Reply

Ralph Largo

You are correct. The error is in rendering. The problem coinincided with the install of 5.0.1GA. An upgrade of my driver worked. The curious thing was that the Swing application I am developing which uses checkboxes worked fine, but Eclipse did not. This post should be closed and thank you for your time.

#258516 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m glad it’s working now. I do agree that it was odd it wasn’t working before.

#260909 Reply

notes452

I’ve got the the same problem. Checkboxes on Preferences list screens such as installed java engines are all blank or solid black in 5.0.1 GA but not in 4.1.1 or in another modern Java based IDE. I have been unable to find any newer driver for my NVIDIA VANTA card. Any other suggestions?

#260920 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You can try updating your version of Java you have installed that you are using to run MyEclipse with. You can verify the version installed from the MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details screen (near the top, version of Java is shown).

#260921 Reply

notes452

Very interesting. I’m not sure what I did, but I did visit the Preferences, General, Appearance, Colors and Fonts, Basic and selected Text Font and clicked Change and then Cancel and closed the Preferences screen. Now, on going back to Preferences, the checkboxes on the Installed JREs and Capabilities screens are visible.

#260985 Reply

notes452

My fix was temporary. But the issue appears to be with Eclipse. I created a separate directory with just Eclipse 3.2.1 rather than MyEclipse 5.0.1GA with Eclipse 3.2. Neither installation is showing checks in checkboxes in variable lists such as Installed JREs and nothing I have tried has brought back the checks that I was seeing for that brief period yesterday afternoon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Checkboxes don’t display in the UI

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in