facebook

[Closed] Controlling DAO filename in JPA rev-eng

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

robwunderlich
    Participant

I’m using ME 5.5 M2. When reveng a DAO for table “equipment”, the generated DAO class is named “EquipmentDAO”. I want the generated class to be named “BaseEquipmentDAO”. I can modify the dao/daohome.vm template to successfully modify the classname, but the file is still generated to “EquipmentDAO.java”. How can I control the output filename?

Thanks,
    Rob Wunderlich

#269932 Reply

Loyal Water

Unfortunately this is not possible right now, but we will be adding more control in the future. Sorry about that.

#269945 Reply

Steve Prior

Just use Java refactoring to rename/move it after it’s been generated. It works fine.

#269994 Reply

robwunderlich
    Participant

The rename approach works until — I regenerate the DAO.
    1. I rename EquipmentDAO to BaseEquipmentDAO.
    2. I Create EquipmentDAO extends BaseEquipmentDAO and add custom methods to to EquipmentDAO.
    3. Run reverse enginering again — I overlay my EquipmentDAO.

For the time being I’ve settled on creating my subclass as “ExtEquipmentDAO” and leaving the ME generated name as is until this feature is available.

#270007 Reply

Steve Prior

I no longer use the DAO code which is generated, in fact I use a common abstract generic (JDK 1.5) base class DAO which provides all the functions in the generated DAO. After having done a number of Hibernate projects my process is to use reverse engineering to create only the XML mapping files, then I tweak the XML if I want to change the names of the relationship members, then generate the POJOs from the tweaked XML files. Because of my generic DAO object I only need class specific DAO objects only when I add custom code. I’ve posted this generic DAO code in another topic on this forum. It has saved me huge amounts of redundant code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Controlling DAO filename in JPA rev-eng

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in