facebook

[Closed]CPU 100% and MyEclipse hanging

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have twice a day a problem with myeclipse 4.1.1Ga and Eclipse 3.1.1. At different times, (ie typing in an editor, saving a file, starting a build, starting a wizard), the javaw process running myeclipse will go runaway (100% CPU busy). It does not matter how long I wait (I tried overnight twice) it will not come back and all I can do is kill the process. This is running on Windows XP SP2. Before I started lowering the priority of the javaw process using task manager, I had to wait 10-15 minutes before being able to bring up task manager and kill the process (or reboot). Now I have just had it and wanted to report this.

#254574 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Do you still have this same problem with a clean install of Eclipse 3.2 GA and MyEclipse 5.0 Milestone 2?

#254578 Reply

Yes, it just happened on 3.2/MyEclipse 5M2

#254579 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What does “java -version” give back from your console?

#254584 Reply

java version “1.5.0_06”
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

#254585 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Just to clarify this was a clean install of Eclipse and MyEclipse into new directories with a new workspace?

#254586 Reply

Check this thread if you want the full configuration I am using: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-13255.html

#254587 Reply

I unzipped eclipse 3.2 into a new directory, unzipped myeclipse 5M2 manual install into a new directory and added extension point to eclipse 3.2. Then opened the same workspace that is causing the problem with eclipse 3.1.1/myeclipse 4.1.1. I cannot use a new workspace because the work I need to do is in the workspace I am using. It does not happen immediately.

#254598 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try adding -clean to the short cut you use to start MyEclipse. I will see if I can reproduce this on my end on a Linux, Windows and Mactel system.

#254604 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Another developer jjust pointed out to me that it’s possible your command line arguments may not be optimal. Can you adjust your Eclipse.ini file to use the following suggest args?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-10087.html

#254613 Reply

nickol

I have a same problem with MyEclipse 5M2

#254634 Reply

Greg

Just as Riyad suggested, if you are using the Sun JDK, make sure you specify the following vmargs

-vmargs -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

#254838 Reply

The eclipse -clean option seems to have corrected the excessive CPU problem.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: [Closed]CPU 100% and MyEclipse hanging

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in