facebook

[Closed] Custom Tag JAR not being found…

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NeutronIC

Hi,

I’m successfully using MyEclipse now within my companies build environment by creating some new commands in the build environment that export fully configured MyEclipse project files that resolve all the class path settings, dependant projects and so forth – working very well for Applications.

I thought i’d take a look at Web Applications and by-and-large it’s not far off working, didn’t take much work at all.

The problem is that our web app has a custom tag library (pager). It all compiles and runs fine in the build system (and in netbeans using it’s ‘free form’ web project system) and runs great in Tomcat or Web logic.

The errors are :

Failed to load or instantiate TagExtraInfo class: com.whatever. NOTE: No JSP Line number was available etc.

Along similar lines:

Unabled to load tag handler class “blah” for tag “pg:pager”

The structure is as follows:

/vsbuild/libs/jsppager/jars/pager-taglib.jar
    -> contains the tag library. This is included in the build classpath correctly.

/vsbuild/projects/VALadmin
    -> Contains the project itself.

/vsbuild/projects/web/WEB-INF/web.xml
    -> Refers with the correct URI to the correct tld file.

/vsbuild/projects/web/WEB-INF/pager-taglib.tld
    -> Has the correct URL and lists class names that exist in pager-taglib.jar

I’ve tried creating a lib folder underneath WEB-INF and dropping the taglib jar in there, but that doesn’t work either.

Pretty much every thing else is working, it’s just this that’s causing grief.

I don’t have all libs in a lib folder, they’re all in a structured directory system elsewhere on the disk (/vsbuild/libs) but all dependant jars are in the class path and indeed they are all being found and the JSP’s compile just fine (except where this tag lib is required).

I’m guessing i’m doing something stupid, but at this point, I’ve no idea what… 😉

Any help greatly appreciated.

Matt.

#242626 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m successfully using MyEclipse now within my companies build environment by creating some new commands in the build environment that export fully configured MyEclipse project files that resolve all the class path settings, dependant projects and so forth – working very well for Applications.

Very slick.

Matt,
    Try and right click on the project root, go to MyEclipse > Remove all error markers. Then do a Project > Clean and rebuild the project. Does the taglib error still show up? This may be a stale error.

#242669 Reply

NeutronIC

Spot on! Problem fixed, now to see if it will deploy 🙂

Thanks very much!

Matt.

#242691 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No problem, glad it’s working now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Custom Tag JAR not being found…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in