facebook

[Closed] Deployment includes removed JARs

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Javier

I got an EAR project that includes 2 war projects. Both projects uses same verion of struts and other libraries so i want to package this libraries in one location only so i copy the jar files in the EAR/ directory and modify the Manifest file of each war. The solution works fine but when i try to do it with MyEclipse 5 the war files contains the Struts libraries in the Web-inf/lib directory even if i go to the MyEclipse/Web/Deployment options and disable all the checkboxes in the Library Deployment Policies. I try to put this jars like classpath, like user libraries but still copy the files into the lib directory. I made a simple test: Disable all the ckeckboxes in Preferences/MyEclipse/Web/Deployment, create a web project, export it like war and the problem still appear. Can you tell me what is wrong with my procedure?

Regards

#258443 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The solution works fine but when i try to do it with MyEclipse 5 the war files contains the Struts libraries in the Web-inf/lib directory even if i go to the MyEclipse/Web/Deployment options and disable all the checkboxes in the Library Deployment Policies.

Sorry to hear you’re having a problem, but I think I can help sort it out. Deployment policies only affect jars that are not physically located in the WEB-INF/lib directory in the web project already. So, if any of the jars exist in a web project’s lib directory, they will be deployed no matter what the settings are.

The other issue might be that you’ve unset the deployment options at the workbench level (Preferences), but they’re being overridden at the project level (Properties). Details on where these settings are specifically is in Section 10 of the Working with Web Projects quickstart.

#258541 Reply

Javier

Thanks a lot Scott. i take out the jars in a user library and erase all files from lib. Now the deployment process works fine!!!!.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Deployment includes removed JARs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in