facebook

[Closed] Error creating bean NoClassDefFoundError: HbmBinder

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rbrand

Hi all

I created a Spring DOA pretty much along the lines of a very simple app that did work, but now I get the exception as shown below. On the spring forums I found a related problem at http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=20553 but I already have hibernate-annotations.jar in my project and did not update. Any ideas?

Thanks

rbrand

2006-10-26 11:35:53,402 INFO [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] – <Destroying singletons in factory {org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory defining beans [sessionFactoryId,TicketsDAO,StockitemDAO,WarehouseDAO,StocktransactionDAO,ContactDAO, UserRolesDAO,StockorderlinesDAO, StockitemmapDAO,StockorderdocDAO,StockorderDAO,SupplieraddressesDAO,ClubDAO,StockitempriceDAO,TransactionreasonsDAO, TicketeventDAO,WarehouseitemDAO,StockdocDAO,StockorderdocreasonDAO,BinsmappingDAO,BinsDAO,EmailDAO,GroupDAO,PublisherDAO,AuthuserDAO, hibInterceptor,txManager,matchAllWithPropReq,matchAllTxInterceptor,autoProxy]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy}>
    2006-10-26 11:35:53,412 INFO [org.codehaus.xfire.handler.DefaultFaultHandler] – <Fault occurred!>
    org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactoryId’ defined in file [C:\path\src\applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/HbmBinder$SecondPass
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.invoker.FactoryInvoker.getServiceObject(FactoryInvoker.java:36)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:24)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.invoker.ObjectInvoker.invoke(ObjectInvoker.java:45)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.ServiceInvocationHandler.sendMessage(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:271)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.binding.ServiceInvocationHandler$1.run(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:85)
    [snip]
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘sessionFactoryId’ defined in file [C:\path\src\applicationContext.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/HbmBinder$SecondPass
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:370)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:226)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:147)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:269)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:320)
    [snip]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/cfg/HbmBinder$SecondPass
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1637)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:860)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1310)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.add(Configuration.java:386)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(Configuration.java:427)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:482)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1465)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1433)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1414)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1390)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1325)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.afterPropertiesSet(LocalSessionFactoryBean.java:627)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1059)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:363)
    … 59 more

#260964 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rbrand,
    Give the NoClassDefFounderror’s that are in your stack trace, either you are using incompatible versions of Hibernate with Spring, or you have not properly added necessary libraries to the build path that it needs. Can you drill down and find your HbmBinder.SecondPass inner class?

#260984 Reply

Haris Peco

rbrand,

You needn’t hibernate-annotations.jar if you use xml mappings (annotations are for ejb30.Class HBMBinder$SecondPass exists in hibernate 3.0 and it is removed from hibernate 3.1.I suppose that you use version spring, which request hibernate 3.0 and you have hibernate 3.1 in classpath and have not hibernate3 in classpath.It is easiest that you check your classpath and add hibernate3.jar from version hibernate 3.0.5 (remove hibernate3.jar if exists, because it is from 3.1)

regards,

#261177 Reply

rbrand

Peco

Thanks. That was indeed the problem. It is a bit strange though since I used MyEclipse to add all libraries, that is, I simply used the menus to add Spring and Hibernate capabilities.

Cheers

rbrand

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Error creating bean NoClassDefFoundError: HbmBinder

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in