facebook

[Closed]Features needed

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I am a newbie to this tool and MyEclipse in general, but an experienced developer nontheless. Most of what I see is quite impressive. In delving into the database explorer I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that there is no INDEX or CONSTRAINT category to allow one to view these items for a table (unless I am missing something). At least as far as when using an Oracle driver is concerned, there are many other “nodes” that should be available in my opinion. If you are familiar with TOAD and use the database browse feature you will see what I mean. I realize that some of the Oracle features might not be necessary, but I think at least the ability to view the indexes, constraints and referential integrity for a table is a must. The db explorer allows one to create these items, but not view them. Hopefully, you might consider these features in the next version. Thanks!

#263425 Reply

Apparently from reading the Database Explorer Quickstart, there is a Table/Object Info view that shows what I want, however, my environment doesn’t have that tab. I just have SQL History, DB Connection, and SQL Result tabs. Does anyone know how to get it to appear? I have version Version: 5.1.0 GA Build id: 20061111-5.1.0-GA.
    thanks!

#263426 Reply

Haris Peco

CrystalLightning,

Try Window>Show View>Other>MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench>Table/Object Info
    or choose MyEclipse database Perspective and call Window>Reset Perspective.

Regards,

#263445 Reply

Thanks! That did it. Now I have one follow up. When expanding the table node in the Navigator is see some BIN$ tables. What are these, where are these, and can I get rid of them from the view? They are not on the database.

#263446 Reply

Sorry, these are the recycle bin tables introduced in 10g on Oracle (Geesh!). To trash them you issue from SQL: Purge recyclebin;

Thanks for all your help! Great product and quick response! I am liking this very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed]Features needed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in