facebook

[Closed] Hibernate reverse engineering when using CVS

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Simon Cevc

I just upgraded MyEclipse framework from 4.0.3 to 5.1.
    When I tried to reverse Engineer a Database table I got an error: An error occurred during: Generating Artifacts.

Browsing through the error log (which is located at Help->About… -> Configuration details -> View error log if you use the All-In-One installer) I found out, that the .hbm.xml and other .java files cannot be accessed. These files already exist and are read-only, which is normal, because I use CVS and these files are in my local sandbox.

I modified file attributes of these files to read-write and the artifact generation was successful.

I did not encounter this problem with the older version of MyEclipse. Is there something I forgot to set up? It would be quite annoying if I had to hand-modify all the files to make them read-write before I run the reverse engineering.

Thanks for your help,
    Simon

#262369 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Simon,
    These files shouldn’t be read-only if you are using CVS… CVS has no locking mechanism to speak of, hence the name “concurrent versioning system”, so everything should be read-write.

You did the right (no pun intended) thing marking them read-write… I’m not sure why they were marked read only… hrrmm…

#262379 Reply

Simon Cevc

When I update files from CVS server, they are read-only by default. I didn’t mark them read-only 🙂 . Are you aware of any setting in Eclipse, that could result in such behavior? I couldn’t find any.

Thanks,
    Simon

#262384 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You have officially stumped me… I”m not sure why that is happening… I checked the settings and I agree, I don’t see anything that would indicate that… you are using the default Eclipse Team/CVS support right?

#262447 Reply

Simon Cevc

@support-rkalla wrote:

You have officially stumped me…

Sorry, that was not my intention :).

Yes. I’m using the default Eclipse Team/CVS support.

#262464 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I really don’t have any idea what is going on… I’ll see if I can Google for some information about this. Additionally let me know if you find anything out as well.

(I wonder if this could be influenced by settings on the server side? Are file permissions/settings persisted across CVS sessions from Server to Client?)

#262553 Reply

Simon Cevc

I found the reason for the read-only attribute. It’s the Watch/Edit functionality of the Eclipse CVS Plugin. With Watch/Edit disabled, the files are read-write in the local workspace.

Just for the info: the CVS server and my local workspace haven’t changed during the upgrade. And the previous version (Eclipse 3.1, MyEclipse 4.0.3) had no problem with read-only files.

Thank you for your help!
    Simon

#262582 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Simon,
    Great find and thank you for following up, I really had no idea what was going on. I’m sure other users having this problem will find this post very helpful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Hibernate reverse engineering when using CVS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in