facebook

[Closed] HSQL – Can’t create map via DB Explorer

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I using MyEclipse 4.1 M2 with DB Explorer configured to use “Hypersonic” ( using JBOSS hsqldb.jar). I can open connection and browse the database. However, when I generate Hibernate Mapping file via DB Explorer, the map files are not being created. I do not see any error.

However, when I configure to connect to Oracle database, I can create Hibernate map file just fine via DB explorer. Please HELP. I have tried several combination. One of the thread mentioned something with regards to having jar files in “JRE etc dir” but I don’t have etc directory in JRE at all.

Can I enable logging if yes, how should I do that to get further information?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Surendra

PS: hsqldb.jar is taken from JBOSS installation. Also, DB explorer is working fine which makes me believe, JDBC driver is okay.

#244008 Reply

I installed MyEclipse brand new. Configured DB Explorer HSQL driver ( using JBOSS 4.0.2 hsqldb.jar) . Connected to db fine using broswer. Howver Hibernate Map file and classes did not get created. No signs of error in the “Configuration Log”.

I have been stuck on this since last two days, any help will be appreciated.

#244014 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Surendra,
    Your log file is located at <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log, any exceptions should be near the bottom, please post them if you find any.

Also I know with HSQL a lot of problems disappeared for folks when they upgraded to the most recent JDBC driver for that database. The webpage is here: http://hsqldb.org/

#244026 Reply

Thanks! I think, I have figured this out but not sure, if it helps my situation. I started hsql using standalone hsqldb.jar (1.8.0 got from hsqldb.org), also configured the DB explorer with same version of hsqldb.jar ( the key is both hsqldb.jar needs to be the same). Now my map and class files are getting created.

May be the issue is with hsqldb.jar that is shipped with JBOSS 4.0.2. I tried replacing JBOSS hsqldb jar from standalone hsqldb but it does not work since JBOSS hsqldb.jar has some additional classes.

I would like to build HAR for JBOSS and want to use MyEclipse DB Explorer Wizard for map and POJO classes for faster devlopment but it seems like I won’t be able to do it since MyEclipse Wizard does not create map and classes when JBOSS supplied hsqldb.jar is used and JBOSS won’t work when I use standalone hsqldb.jar.

I also noticed that MyEclipse displays different options in wizard when different hsqldb.jar are used. For example, when I used JBOSS hsqldb.jar, I got several additional options

Has someone tried using MyEclipse for HSQL while using JBOSS?

Thanks!

Surendra

#244027 Reply

Hmm… I may be answered by own question and now the issue is more of JBOSS issue not the MyEclipse. I am posting this here so if someone who has similar condition might benefit from it.

I looked the JBOSS 4.0.2 source which is fairly recent version but it shipped (to my surprise) HSQL 1.7.2 version not 1.8.0. HSQL recommends 1.8.0 hence I can’t really ask MyEclipse to make the tool work with HSQL 1.7.2 instead I need to figure out how JBOSS can use HSQL 1.8.0. I personally would rather use HSQL 1.8.0 instead of 1.7.2 since 1.8.0 is fairly stable release.

Thanks!

#244092 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Skashyap,

Thank you for following up, I’m sure other users will benifit from this.
    Though I have no clue if this works – you might want to try using the 1.8 Driver with the 1.7.2 database and see if that works for you.

Will be interested in your progress,
    Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] HSQL – Can’t create map via DB Explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in