facebook

[Closed] JSP reconciler: not finding external tag libs

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

geodok
    Participant

Hi support,

I can’t turn off JSP validation, even not using the global switch in the MyEclipse preferences. I tried to close/reopen the project, close/reopen the editors, close/reopen eclipse at all, but my JSP files are still validated. I’m using MyEclipse 4.1.1 and eclipse 3.1.2.

The need to turn off validation arised from the lack of MyEclipse to be able to take tag libraries defined in external user libraries into account. I remember I saw once a statement of the moderators in this forum, saying that this is due to a shortcoming in the eclipse framework. Is this still the case? Are there no workarounds? This feature is especially important for projects that want to put tag libraries in a shared place of the servlet container. Because MyEclipse doesn’t allow individual deployment settings for single jars, you end up putting all the shared libs in a user library and unchecking the “Jars in Web Project’s user libraries” option in the myeclipse web deployment settings of the project. However, this done, MyEclipse’s JSP validator doesn’t find the tag libraries anymore. Please find a solution.

Regards,
    Timo

#249212 Reply

Riyad Kalla

saying that this is due to a shortcoming in the eclipse framework. Is this still the case?

Actually it isn’t a shortcomming, just a difference in how the platform treated the files, so it caused us to duplicate the implementation adn management hasn’t prioritized that yet but I am pushing hard for it to make it into the 5.0 release.

The validator is actually errors marked in the left hand column, warnings marked in the right hand column are evaluted real-time by the reconciler and can be turned off by going to Window > prefs > MyEclipse > Editors > Common Editor Preferences > “Analyze while typing” (it’s the last checkbox, just uncheck it if you want it to be turned off).

We agree this is an important feature.

#249260 Reply

geodok
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply. It worked.

Timo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] JSP reconciler: not finding external tag libs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in