facebook

[Closed] Missing the Design View for faces-config.xml

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Maclipse

Hi,

I’m missing the design view for the faces-config.xml and also when I create a new project the design view is not available. I searched for a long time in the preferences but I can’t find an option to make this view available again.

Could anyone please tell me where to find this option?

Thanks in advance,
    Rudi

#244593 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Rudi,
    The reason is you need to add JSF Capabilities to your new web project, this is ourlined in our JSF Documentation here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/jsf/

#244595 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Rudi,

In addition to Riyad’s suggestion, you also need to make sure you’re using the JSF editor and not the XML editor.
    What pages do you see for the editor? If you’re unsure, right click the file in the package explorer and choose Open With > “MyEclipse JSF Editor”.
    Finally, there is an option to disable the Designer, see Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Editors > JSF Faces Config -make sure “Disable Design mode” is unchecked.

Best,
    Brian.

#244597 Reply

Maclipse

Hi Brian,

I had already added the JSF Capabilities to my project but when I double clicked the faces-config.xml it was opened with the XML editor.

When I click the file in the package explorer and choose Open With > “MyEclipse JSF Editor” from the context menu the file is opened in the Design View. So my problem is solved.

Thank you very much,
    Rudi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Missing the Design View for faces-config.xml

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in