facebook

[Closed] MyEclipse 5.1 Web 2.0 browser on Linux

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mephisto

I am getting a failure to load on the Browser component in MyEclipse 5.1. If I revert back to 5.0.1 it works correctly though.

Warning

Wed Nov 15 20:35:54 EST 2006

Internal browser is not available: No more handles (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/xxx/Development/myeclipse/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/94/1/.cp/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3235.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.mozilla.xpcom.nsIAppShell.create([I[Ljava/lang/String;)V

at org.eclipse.swt.browser.AbstractMozillaBrowser.<init>(AbstractMozillaBrowser.java:184)

Any ideas?

This is a manual install on Linux with the update to 5.1 handled through update manager.

#262154 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We are sorry for this, it’s a known problem we fixed on the update site yesterday. To get around it, you need to disable JST and WST from your Eclipse install, becuase MyEclipse needs to loads it’s very slightly modified versions instead to support our new validation exclusion functionality in our 5.1 release.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you.

#262159 Reply

Mephisto

The only WST and JST I see in the install are the ones under MyEclipse Base Platform Support 5.1.0 and they do not seem to want to be disabled.

I could try reverting to a previous configuration then reinstall the 5.1 update, but if there is a way to avoid that I would prefer not to.

#262163 Reply

Riyad Kalla

hmm, well you can try re-running the find-updates pass and see if the new version if picked up (we didn’t bump the feature version, just the plugin version and I think the Update Manager only checks feature versions so that may not work).

And alternative is to download the MyEclipse installer (not the all-in-one installer, just the normal installer, about 200MB) and then shut down MyEclipse, erase your old MyEclipse dir, run the installer and point it at the old dir location (which has been erased, so the installer should create a new dir) and then restart your install using -clean command line argument.

You should be able to pick up where you left off and the plugin incompatabilities should be resolved.

#262164 Reply

Mephisto

Already tried to just do a find-updates. I will just restore to previous wipe 5.1 and reinstall. It just means there are some other plugins I will need to update as well, not a terribly big deal. If that fails I will try using the installer.

I will let you know how it goes, thanks for the help.

#262166 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thank you for hanging in there, I look forward to hearing from you.

#262171 Reply

Mephisto

Got it working, thanks again for your help.

Not sure if it would be helpful to others but just on the off chance (restarting after each step)…
    1) I used configuration manager to replace 5.1 with 5.0.1
    2) Uninstalled MyEclipse 5.1
    3) Ran update and redownloaded MyEclipse 5.1
    4) ran eclipse -clean
    5) ran eclipse with my normal config and command line options

This way I did not lose any of my other plugins and everything seems to be running fine.

#262174 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh this is great news, then the update site is working even for folks that want to re-upgrade. This is a test case I had not gotten a chance yet to test, thank you for following up with us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] MyEclipse 5.1 Web 2.0 browser on Linux

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in