facebook

[Closed] MyEclipse Deploy vs. Export WAR

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Craig Peters

This may not be a MyEclipse question, but I’ll start here anyway….

MyEclipse exploded deploy by default deploys JARs on the the build path to Tomcat. That’s fine in a development mode. And I understand that can be controlled if desired.

However, when we are done with development and want to deploy the project as a WAR to our server environment, its configured completely different. We don’t want JARs in the WAR file in that case. Using the standard Eclipse Export/WAR function adds JARs to the WAR.

How are others doing this? There aren’t any options to control what goes in the WAR that I can see.

Thanks,
    -Craig

Eclipse 3.2
    MyEclipse 5.0.1
    Windows XP SP2 for development

#260500 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Craig,
    I can’t provide a workaround for you in the case of needing two different rule sets depending on how you deploy the project, but we are going to be adding deployment exclusion filters soon but you would still need to check and uncheck those resources each time you wanted to make a production deployment.

#260665 Reply

stanquinn

I’m deploying to jboss using Eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.0.1 for the most part. Right click the war project view the properties. There should be a Myeclipse option, then the Web suboption. There should be a deployment tab there. Click on it. Unclick the Use defaults and turn off all the options for automatically deploying jars ….make sure “ignore dependent projects” is clicked if you don’t want them jarred and thrown in. Now just include whatever jars you want manually in the war’s lib directory. This way you can still include whatever jars you want in the build path and control what jars get deployed. Hope this helps.

#260826 Reply

Craig Peters

Thanks Stan,

Yeah, I had thought of that too. We have I guess 2 deployment “profiles” — one to your local workstations app server for development/debugging (exploded deploy), and one to our real server environment (WAR). I guess I was looking for a way to switch back and forth without having to change all the options like you mentioned.

Eclipse comes with the Export as WAR feature, and I was hoping someone had figured out a way to configure what it deployed.

Thanks,
    -Craig

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [Closed] MyEclipse Deploy vs. Export WAR

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in