facebook

[Closed] New component to Matisse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gergog

Hi,

I am quite newbie with Matisse. So i wonder if there is any way to add a new widget.

I mean that i have special combobox inherited from JComboBox and i would like to add to my form with Matisse.

Any idea how can i resolve this?

Thanks!
    Gergo

#263999 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Gergo,
    Yes you sure can. From the Matisse perspective, look at the Palette. There is a down arrow in the top right side of the box. Click it, and go down to Manage Palette…, then click Add Widget.

#264122 Reply

gergog

Hi,

thanks for the reply! Are there any limitation which need to be fulfilled by a widget to be usable with Matisse?

I have one form, but it says that it should be JavaBean. It complains some instantiation exception (can not be instantiated).

I cannot copy paste the error description as it does not provide the copy-and-paste functionality.

Any idea what i missed?

Thanks,
    Gergo

#264125 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Gergo,
    You need to have a default no-arg constructor for your beans so the designer can instantiate it and use it in the form designer… that is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

#264128 Reply

gergog

Hi Riyad!

Yes, that was my guess also. But it doesnot work. 🙁
    That’s why i asked.
    😀

/Gergo

#264129 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm… what kind of component is your class? Can you send me a small sample project that includes it in it, so I can try and see what is going on on my end? Please make sure the project focuses on just the component and any necessary dependencies and doesn’t have any build errors.

support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, with a link to this thread so I know why I’m receiving the file.

#264557 Reply

gergog

I make another try and now it works!

But Thanks for your help anyway!

/Gergo

#264559 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m glad it’s working.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: [Closed] New component to Matisse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in