facebook

[Closed] No Matisse selection available in 5.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

imwrentmore

Hi

I have just bought the Pro version of MyEclipse & am not seeing any option to select a Matisse form.

ie. File->New Project->Other->MyEclipse…There is no Swing selection!

I have Eclipse v3.2, MyEclipse 5.0G sitting on Java 5. I thought that Matisse was included in v5.0 but there seems no sign of it. Also, running both ‘eclipse -clean’ & Window->Reset Perspective did not solve the problem.

I therefore tried to update from the remote site by selecting Help->Software Updates->Find and Install using the information specified in the two following links;

http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.eclipse.dehory.doc/doc/install/index.html

and

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-12676.html

but the update refuses to access the site.

MyEclipse installation details are;

*** Date: Tue Oct 10 10:09:31 BST 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_05

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.0 GA
    Build id: 20060805-5.0-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.2.0
    Build id: M20060628-1325

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.0.v20060626
    Build id: 20060627-0816

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-AgOexn6hlEUsvBO

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-F7snq1fxia-Z4XP

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m——6zXJJzJzJq

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-GNq6oQq-7es-Y81

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.0.v20060626
    Build id: 20060627-0816

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.0.v20060609m-SVDNgVrNoh-MeGG

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    c64_7b8
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

#260156 Reply

Victor Ott
    #260160 Reply

Riyad Kalla

imwrentmore,
    Can you give me more detail as to what you mean by “The update manager refuses to access the site”. The normal way to install M4M is to do just what you did on a clean install, just pop open the Update manager and run Find New, and then select the MyEclipse Discovery Site and continue.

Also note that you are not running the final GA build of Eclipse 3.2, but it’s only a day earlier build, so it’s technically the same, but if the Update manager is doing a build check or something, that could be a problem… unless your issue was more network-related, like a proxy?

#260223 Reply

imwrentmore

Thanks for the replies

Already tried those links thanks vict0r but to no avail..there is no ‘Swing’ option in the New->Other->Matisse menu option.

Apologies for mistake in my previous post – my eclipse download was the Web Tools Project as follows, not the basic eclipse download;

wtp-all-in-one-sdk-R-1.5.0-200606281455-win32.zip

not sure if this makes a difference or not.

As to the Update Manager, I get the following information;

Network connection problems encountered during search.
    Unable to access “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/”.
    Unable to access site: “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/” [Connection timed out: connect]
    Unable to access site: “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/” [Connection timed out: connect]

‘No features found on the selected site(s). Choose a different site or site category’

Shouldn’t be a network problem but that could be cr&p as I’m a software geek & not hardware.

Thanks

#260225 Reply

Victor Ott

@imwrentmore wrote:

Already tried those links thanks vict0r but to no avail..there is no ‘Swing’ option in the New->Other->Matisse menu option.

imwrentmore, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same menu’s, there’s nothing like ‘New->Other->Matisse”. Instead:

first: File>New>Project… >> “Java Project ”
      then: File>New>Other… >> MyEclipse>Swing>Matisse Form
    #260226 Reply

imwrentmore

@vict0r wrote:

@imwrentmore wrote:

imwrentmore, I’m not sure we’re talking about the same menu’s, there’s nothing like ‘New->Other->Matisse”. Instead:
    [list]first: File>New>Project… >> “Java Project ”
    then: File>New>Other… >> MyEclipse>Swing>Matisse Form[/list:u]

Yeah, I meant exactly the format u specified above…I just typed it incorrectly.

Selecting File>New>Other… >> MyEclipse lists various alphabetical options.
    There’s ‘J2EE Projects’ followed by ‘Tapestry’ but no ‘Swing’ either between them or anywhere else.

Puzzler.

Thanks

#260240 Reply

Riyad Kalla

imwrentmore,
    I think this is an install issue. The problem is that MyEclipse is built ontop of WTP, so you don’t need to install it and in some cases where we slightly modify WTP to integrate it, if you install WTP separate, with a higher version number, Eclipse will load that and not our copy, whch can cause portions of MyEclipse to break.

I would encourage you to perform a clean install of Eclipse 3.2 SDK (download from eclipse.org site) and MyEclipse 5.0.1 to new directories, then fire it up and check the Find New feature wizard, you should see the MyEclipse discovery site and should be able to download M4M.

#260300 Reply

imwrentmore

Solved it.

It was 2 things. First, it was a bad installation by me…I didn’t realise MyEclipse was built on top of WTP. I installed the core basic eclipse & MyEclipse into new directories then reset the proxy settings in;

Window->Preferences->Install/Update

which seemed to work.

Thanks for your help

#260325 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh very good, I’m glad it’s working. Thanks for following up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: [Closed] No Matisse selection available in 5.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in