facebook

[Closed] No more (smart) closing of HTML tags in HTML editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

batsonjay

I upgraded last night (with some difficulty…) to 4.0.3 (on OS X). But there’s a feature that’s either gone in the (new?) HTML editor, or I can’t find the setting to turn it on….

In the old release, when I typed an open angle bracket + slash (e.g. </ ), the editor would detect this as closing a tag, expand it to the “correct” nested tag, and work outwards in a nice nested form on subsequent keystrokes. E.g. if the insertion cursor was sitting after a <ul><li> pair, and I typed </, it would expand that to </li>, and if I typed </ again, it would expand to </ul>.

This seems to be missing in the new version. Did it disappear in the editor changes? Or, am I missing a config setting somewhere?

Hoping it didn’t disappear — code completion is kind of an expected feature in an IDE, isn’t it…?

#241100 Reply

Greg

The reason we changed the beahavior was because many users were reporting that the auto-closing tags did not work for their document structure. However, you can still get auto-completion of closing tags, just simply press code-assist (ctrl+space) after you have started to type the closing tag “</” and you will be presented with the auto-completion of the closing tag. So there is now one extra step to ensure the code completion is going to auto-complete the correct tag.

#241110 Reply

batsonjay

acknowledged. 😥

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] No more (smart) closing of HTML tags in HTML editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in