facebook

[Closed]oracle 9i and myeclipse3.1 on the same winxp machine

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sukonya

Hi,

I had myeclipse 3.1 on windows xp machine.OC4j standalone instance is also installed on the same server.Everything was working fine till oracle 9i database was installed on the same machine.When trying to open eclipse it gave error message ” require java version 1.4.Available 1.3″.The jdk installed in the system is 1.5.Also java path mentioned in path variable is correct.Later i realized that oracle also installs java 1.3 on installtion. That was giving the problem(despite jdk 1.5 is also installed in the machine).On unistalling oracle,eclipse started working fine again.

Now the question arises as to if it is not possible to have oracle 9i and eclipse on the same system.which version of oracle can be used to overcome this issue while myeclipse version is 3.1 .I need to have the databse in the same system as eclipse for the project.I can change the database version if required.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#263529 Reply

Haris Peco

sukonya ,

You can install what you want oracle version and MyEclipse.You need start eclipse with JDK >= 1.4.Try add option
    -vm “<PATH_TO_YOUR_JVM>” in eclipse shortcut or add this in eclipse.ini file in ECLIPSE_HOME

<PATH_TO_YOUR_JVM> is like “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_10\bin\javaw.exe”

Contents of eclipse.ini (see separate line for each argument) is like this :
    -vm
    “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_10\bin\javaw.exe”

Regards,

#263616 Reply

sukonya

thanks a lot.will try and let you know the results

#263658 Reply

sukonya

Hi,

After modifying the eclipse.ini file while trying to run myeclipse I get the following error.

“a jdk or jre must be available to run eclipse.No JVM was found after searching the following locations.

“C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw.exe””.

This is how the eclipse .ini file looked after modification(I added the path in place of args)

-vm”C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw.exe”
    -Xms40m
    -Xmx256m

The same error was throwm when I changed the location in the .ini file to
    “C:\Program Files\Java”.

Please help as this is proving to be a bottleneck.Also with the original .ini file eclipse works fine.

Thanks in advance,

Sukonya

#263677 Reply

Haris Peco

Sukonya,

Try next :
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javaw.exe
    -vmargs
    -Xms128M
    -Xmx512M
    -XX:PermSize=64M
    -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

After -vmargs line is performance settings, you can change some values fro your system

Regards

#263692 Reply

sukonya

this works perfectly fine.thanks sooo very much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed]oracle 9i and myeclipse3.1 on the same winxp machine

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in