facebook

[Closed] Palette and Beans/Custom components like SwingX

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Victor Ott

Hello,
    maybe you know already http://www.swinglabs.org/ or http://swingx.dev.java.net/. We’re using SwingX components like JXTable and JXTreeTable, among others. Adding those components to the Matisse Palette, and placing them in Matisse Forms works fine, in NetBeans.

But in Matisse4ME, there are some issues:

* although those components are extending Swing components, and therefore are fully implementing the API requirements for JavaBeans, after adding to M4ME palette they do not appear under “Beans”, but under “Custom”. (Ok, this is not really a bug, but looks to me like a warning sign).

* Next, when trying to add one of the SwingX components from the Palette to the form, a error message occurs telling that the chosen component is not a JavaBean: “The component cannot be instantiated. Please make sure it is a JavaBean.”! Additionally, after that the error Log contains a ClassNotFoundException stacktrace for the same SwingX component (see below).

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.swingx.JXTable
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:402)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:347)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:278)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1245)
        at org.netbeans.modules.form.palette.PaletteItem.getComponentClass(PaletteItem.java:139)
        at org.netbeans.modules.form.HandleLayer$NewComponentDrag.init(HandleLayer.java:2520)
        at org.netbeans.modules.form.HandleLayer$NewComponentDrag.<init>(HandleLayer.java:2466)
        at org.netbeans.modules.form.HandleLayer.mouseMoved(HandleLayer.java:1612)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseMoved(AWTEventMulticaster.java:271)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseMotionEvent(Component.java:5533)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseMotionEvent(JComponent.java:3144)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5257)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3905)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1778)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
      * the workaround of adding SwingX components to the form using NetBeans, and do the rest in Matisse4MyEclipse does not really work for “form editing” and “form preview”: the JFrame/JDialog holding the SwingX controls behaves as if no SwingX controls were embedded. Anyway, the form looks perfect when running or debugging the application.

This is a real showstopper, we started again sharing the source/project directories between Eclipse & NetBeans, and switching between the two IDE’s all the time.

I really hope you have some hint for this. Thanks in advance,
    Victor

#260931 Reply

Victor Ott

Have forgotten some additional Information:
    – latest Eclipse 3.2.1 with latest ME and M4ME (according to the update sites)
    – Sun JDK 1.5.0_09
    – Windows XP

#260933 Reply

Victor Ott

For the record:
    I’ve decided to open a new forum topic instead of following up on the topic from jcombes Problems adding custom components, because that topic might be Java6 related (although I don’t really think so).

#261157 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This will be fixed in 5.0.3

#269213 Reply

Robert Locklear
    Participant

I’m having this same problem in 5.1.1

#269227 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rlocklear,
    Can you be more specific? Which component? What’s the exception? Are you just trying to add it to the palette and cannot, or something else?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Palette and Beans/Custom components like SwingX

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in