facebook

[Closed] Problem with Struts Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

When I try to open any struts-config.xml file with MyEclipse Struts Editor it results in following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.editor.model.ModelManager.getGlobalForwardConfigs(ModelManager.java:198)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.editor.modeler.model.StrutsConfigDiagram.synchronizeDiagram(StrutsConfigDiagram.java:450)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.editor.modeler.model.StrutsConfigDiagram.differedSynchronize(StrutsConfigDiagram.java:118)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.struts.editor.multipage.StrutsConfigEditor.createPages(StrutsConfigEditor.java:292)
        at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:241)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:609)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(EditorReference.java:223)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2362)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2249)
        at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:371)
        at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:334)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:251)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.javaeditor.EditorUtility.openInEditor(EditorUtility.java:131)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.OpenActionUtil.open(OpenActionUtil.java:49)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:169)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.OpenAction.run(OpenAction.java:153)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.dispatchRun(SelectionDispatchAction.java:222)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.ui.actions.SelectionDispatchAction.run(SelectionDispatchAction.java:198)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerActionGroup.handleOpen(PackageExplorerActionGroup.java:296)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.packageview.PackageExplorerPart$4.open(PackageExplorerPart.java:869)
        at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:741)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1044)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:783)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:44)
        at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:148)
        at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:739)
        at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:968)
        at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1067)
        at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:243)
        at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:238)
        at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:277)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

I’m using fresh installation of MyEclipse 4.0.3 and Eclipse 3.1.1

Thank you for any help, you can provide.

Petr Petrovic

#243186 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Petr,

Did this happen in any earlier version of MyEclipse or has it suddenly started happening for all your config files?
    I assume you have added Struts capabilites to your project, but please confirm this for me.

For testing, could you create a fresh dummy struts project and try opening the struts-config.xml file that is created for that project?

Best,
    Brian.

#243191 Reply

Did this happen in any earlier version of MyEclipse or has it suddenly started happening for all your config files?
    I have been using different versions of MyEclipse for last half year and everything was ok until now.

I assume you have added Struts capabilites to your project, but please confirm this for me.
    Yes – it is old project. I tried 3 different files form 3 different projects and in every case it produced an error.

For testing, could you create a fresh dummy struts project and try opening the struts-config.xml file that is created for that project?
    I created new project, added Struts capabilities and struts-config.xml file was created. I was able to open this file in Struts Editor. When I tried to add something in Designer it seemed to be working but even source code was updated, Designer window stayed clear.

#243231 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Petr,

I’m going to have to ask you to answer all the questions here: Posting Guidelines – which you haven’t answered already.

If you upgraded an existing insallation, please restart it with -clean. Which version of MyEclipse were you using prior to this?

Can you copy a config file that is not working to your dummy project and see if the editor works? If not, can you mail a copy (if possible) of your struts config file to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian?

I created new project, added Struts capabilities and struts-config.xml file was created. I was able to open this file in Struts Editor. When I tried to add something in Designer it seemed to be working but even source code was updated, Designer window stayed clear.

What struts element did you create (some do not have graphical representation)? Any errors in the log for this use case?

Best,
    Brian.

#243270 Reply

I solved it. The problem was in JRE. After installation of new JRE everything works fine.

Thank you for your help.

#243271 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Petr,

Glad it’s working now.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Problem with Struts Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in