facebook

[Closed] problems starting websphere6 on MyEclipse5

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chris

I have recently installed MyEclipse5 and am trying to get it to start websphere6. According to a previous post all I need to do is set the home directory; this fills all the other information for you. When I try and start the server I get this error

Unrecognized option: -Xquickstart

I’ve not set any arguments up explicitly, has anybody seen this before? Is there a quick start guide for websphere just in case I’ve missed something?

Thanks

#259704 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I believe this is a JDK problem, you are likely trying to start WebSphere with a JDK that is older and doesn’t recognize the -Xquickstart option.

#259721 Reply

Chris

I changed the configuration to use websphere’ s jdk. I now get another problem; startup fails because the Node02\servers\server1\server.xml directory structure doesn’t exist but there is no way of changing this in the server configuration. I’m using websphere 6.0.0.1, is this supported?

#259722 Reply

Chris

I changed the configuration to use websphere’ s jdk. I now get another problem; startup fails because the Node02\servers\server1\server.xml directory structure doesn’t exist but there is no way of changing this in the server configuration. I’m using websphere 6.0.0.1, is this supported?

#259724 Reply

Chris

Have fixed this now. Thanks.

#259732 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad it’s working.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Closed] problems starting websphere6 on MyEclipse5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in