facebook

[Closed] Problems with MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA after installation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

pbassi

Hi,

I just upgrated my env’t to Eclipse 3.2.2 + MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA (java:j2sdk1.4.2_12).
    The MyEclipse installation log says that everything was successfully installed; when I try to open a Matisse/Swing form (created with the previous version of MyEclipse) I get the following error: An error has occurred. See error log for more details. And the form does not open.
    First: Where is the error log located?

In addition if I try to do a “scan for updates” from within the Product configuration for the Matisse perspective, I get the following message: The current configuration contains errors and this operation can cause….

So I believe something went wrong with the installation (consider that also the DB explorer perspective is not working properly) but I don’t know what exactly

Any help?
    Thanks in advance
    Paolo

#271555 Reply

pbassi

Hi,

I managed to manually install M4M following some of the replies given to the topic “How to use M4M plug in”; I am also surprised it was not included in the full-stack installation file…

Do I also need to manually install the DB Explorer plug-in (also not working…)?

Thanks
    Paolo

#271562 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paolo,
    It sounds like your installation has problems. I would strongly encourage you to uninstall what you have, to download our 5.5.1 All-in-One installer from our site, about 190mb in size, and run it. The all-in-one installer includes JRE, Eclipse and MyEclipse all pre-configured to run together optimized.

Also note that you *have* to install it to a new directory and cannot install it ontop of an existing install. After it’s installed, you can run it and open your existing workspace. The Quick Installer will immediately check for updates available and other features you might like to try (like M4M), you can just tick it off and hit OK to install it.

#271577 Reply

pbassi

Thanks for your reply.
    I am not 100% happy installing from the all-in-one; I think I did everything in the proper way and order and I had no previous versions installed, as my pc recently crashed and I had to reinstall everything…

What might have gone wrong?

Thanks
    Paolo

#271578 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paolo,
    What were the exact names of the JRE/JDK you installed? Eclipse ZIP you used? And the MyEclipse installer you ran?

We’ll trouble shoot each step.

#271595 Reply

pbassi

Riyad,

here are the info:

JDK: j2sdk-1_4_2_12-windows-i586-p.exe
    ECLIPSE: eclipse-SDK-3.2.2-win32.zip
    MyEclipse: MyEclipse_5.5.1GA_E3.2.2_Installer.exe

Below is an extract from the installation log:

java.version == 1.5.0_11 (Java 2+)
    java.vm.name == Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    java.vm.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version == 1.5.0_11-b03
    java.vm.specification.name == Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version == 1.0
    java.specification.name == Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version == 1.5
    java.vendor == Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url == http://java.sun.com/
    java.class.version == 49.0
    java.compiler == null
    java.home == C:\Documents and Settings\Paolo Bassi\Local Settings\Temp\I1181860082\Windows\resource\jre
    java.io.tmpdir == C:\DOCUME~1\PAOLOB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    os.name == Windows XP
    os.arch == x86
    os.version == 5.1
    path.separator == ;
    file.separator == \
    file.encoding == Cp1252
    user.name == Paolo Bassi
    user.home == C:\Documents and Settings\Paolo Bassi
    user.dir == C:\Documents and Settings\Paolo Bassi\Local Settings\Temp\I1181860082\Windows
    user.language == it
    user.region == null

Thanks
    Paolo

#271602 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paolo,
    That all looks perfect. Try a new workspace and see if the problems stop (File > Switch Workspace > C:\tempworkspace and hit OK to restart). If that works, we can try and restart using -clean to see if we can recover the old workspace.

#271615 Reply

pbassi

Riyad,

everything is working fine now. Thanks for your support

Paolo

#271658 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paolo,
    Thank you for the followup, I’m glad it’s working.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Problems with MyEclipse 5.5.1 GA after installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in