facebook

[Closed] Properties view not repainting with Matisse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jhalper

I am having repainting issues with the Properties view while selecting Matisse form elements. If I hover my mouse cursor or click within the properties view, some parts of the properties view will repaint, but not all at once. The properties view repaints fine with other IDE entities which use it. Also, there was a time when Matisse4MyEclipse was repainting properties ok when I was running Matisse atop of a fresh install of Eclipse 3.2.1, but after another install, it is no longer repainting. I made sure I removed the old MyEclipse installation as well as the entire eclipse installation before reinstalling. Attempts to start over with my installation don’t fix the issue.

#261291 Reply

jhalper

@jhalper wrote:

I am having repainting issues with the Properties view while selecting Matisse form elements. If I hover my mouse cursor or click within the properties view, some parts of the properties view will repaint, but not all at once. The properties view repaints fine with other IDE entities which use it. Also, there was a time when Matisse4MyEclipse was repainting properties ok when I was running Matisse atop of a fresh install of Eclipse 3.2.1, but after another install, it is no longer repainting. I made sure I removed the old MyEclipse installation as well as the entire eclipse installation before reinstalling. Attempts to start over with my installation don’t fix the issue.

FYI,

I did some more troubleshooting, and found that the painting problems are also present in a fresh 3.2.0 install.

Also, some more observations:
    1) CPU utilization is spiking when the painting problem occurs

2) Painting issues are not limited to my complex form, as I have observed with a very basic form with only a label control

3) I have been able to get properties painting working again temporarily by opening up another instance of the same form in a separate Java project. Call the original project Project A, and my temporary project with the form copy Project B. When the problem is occurring in the Project A instance, I can open the Project B form instance, click around on some of their controls (painting is working on the other isntance), switch back to Project A instance and the painting issue is corrected. However, the Project A form instance has the painting problems again when I relaunch my workspace.

#261807 Reply

jhalper

I installed MyEclipse 5.1.0, and the form properties view appears to be working fine now.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Properties view not repainting with Matisse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in