facebook

[Closed] Provide way to import db connection profiles.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Damon Rand

I often create a new workspace in Eclipse.. Everytime I do this I need to recreate the connection profiles to our database. Everything else in Eclipse can be imported…

Thanks!
    Damon.

#259183 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you referring to the driver configuration information or specifically the connection profiles that show up in the DB explorer perspective?

#259267 Reply

Damon Rand

The connection profiles are the biggest issue for me.. Maybe the driver info is already being saved with standard eclipse prefs export?

#259278 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Damon,

I understand your issues and import and export for the drivers and profiles have been on our cards for some time now, but have never received enough priority. I hope we can get to them soon.

In the meanwhile, you can go to the following location within your old workspace: \.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer and pick up the 2 xml files you see there. Replace the corresponding files in your new workspace with these files. Make sure the new workspace is not in use when doing this. When you next start eclipse with the new workspace, the drivers and profiles from your old workspace should be visible. Please note that any of the drivers and profiles you may have already created in your new workspace will be lost.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Brian.

#259659 Reply

Damon Rand

Thanks, thats a reasonable workaround!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Provide way to import db connection profiles.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in