facebook

[Closed] Session factory not created for configuration

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hpurandare

Hi,

I’m trying to use HQL editor to validate the queries. Whenever I launch HQL editor, it gives me a message in Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator saying ‘Session factory not created for configuration’.

I have HibernateUtil.java in my util package and it used to work as a Session factory when I used to use the Hibernate plugin.

To use MyEclipse hibernate, I even tried to create a SessionFactory as described in Help section but it didn’t even allow me to create one.

Can someone please advise what needs to be done in order to use the MyEclipse HQL editor?

Thanks,
    Himanshu

#261605 Reply

Haris Peco

Himanshu,

You have to add Hibernate capabilities to your project and then you will be able to make session factory.MyEclipse can’t use your HibernateUtil class.If you need some specific you can change (add methods) in session factory, which is created with MyEclipse.

Simple way for using HQL editor is :

– create java project
    – add hibernate capabilities (this will make hibernate session factory)
    – add some mappings and pojo (you can add your mapping and POJO from other project or make it with Hibernate Reverse Engineering)
    – open HQL editor from project’s context menu or simple make file with extension *.hql

Please, see Hibernate Quickstart tutorial in MyEclipse Help (Help>Help contetnts>MyEclipse Learning>Spring/Hibernate Development>Hibernate Development)

Regards,

#261662 Reply

hpurandare

Peco,

Thanks for your reply.

I realised that there is a bug in creating session factory in MyEclipse and it will be fixed in the ver 5.0.3

I created the session factory using the work around that I found in one of the topic in this forum.

Please advise once the ver 5.0.3 is released.

Thanks,
    Himanshu

#261671 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Himanshu,
    We renamed version 5.0.3 to version 5.1, and it was released this morning.

#262295 Reply

hpurandare

Thank you…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: [Closed] Session factory not created for configuration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in