facebook

[Closed] unable to connect to mysql

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mind_mantra

I have installed MyEclipse 4.0 on Eclipse 3.1 Its running on windows 2000.

From database explorer I am able to configure and connect to Oracle successfully.

But I cannot connect to MySql. I tried with MySql 4.1 and MySql 5 Beta with MySQL connectorJ driver 3.1.10 and 3.2.0 alpha. I tried every combination but failed.

When I configre the driver in NEW DATABASE DRIVER wizard and click OK button, nothing happens, no errors are shown and also the same window does not close after clicking OK.

When I create a new profile and try to connet to Mysql, it gives error

ERROR WHILE TRYING TO LOGIN TO DATATABASE : NULL

I check my login/password or correct and I have set proper privileges to connect to mysql on localhost on given databases.
    MySQL is up and running and I am able to connet to MySQL with the same drivers from other Java Programs.

I have spent 2 days installing, uninstalling and configuring all these but no luck.

Any Help will be much appreciated. Its urgent.
    Thanks.

#238539 Reply

Greg

Can you post all of the information listed here?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-5415.html
    Thanks.

When I configre the driver in NEW DATABASE DRIVER wizard and click OK button, nothing happens, no errors are shown and also the same window does not close after clicking OK.

Which wizard are you talking about here? Do you mean the “Add Driver” wizard you get from the “Add…” button on the Preferences > MyEclipse > Database Explorer > Drivers preferences page?

#238547 Reply

mind_mantra

I got the problem solved now.

It was because one mysql-connector-java-xxx-g.jar was left hidden in
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\lib\ext.
    This mysqlxxxx-g.jar was the trouble.

I removed it and now myeclipse is working fine with” mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar” and mysql 5 beta and also mysql 4.1.

From DB Browser I am able to connect to mysql and oracle and can generate hibernate mapping files and java classes.

THANKS !!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: [Closed] unable to connect to mysql

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in