facebook

[Closed]URL of Update site for Matisse4Eclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

MikeKing

I have installed MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA.
    I would like to install Matisse4MyEclipse for 5.1.
    I am blocked from reaching the update site through the ‘Find and Install’ facility, so do not even know its URL.

Can anyone tell me the URL so that I can download the update site and paste it into a local directory.

Help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike King

#263402 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mike,
    When you install MyEclipse, it should automatically add the “MyEclipse Discovery Site” to your Update Manager site list. So when you go to Find and INstall, and select “Search for new features” you should have a site option of “MyEclipse Discovery Site”… do you see this on that page?

If you don’t, the URL is: http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/

#263437 Reply

MikeKing

Riyad,
    Thanks,
    Mike

#266177 Reply

If you don’t, the URL is: http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/

I am using MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA Professional Edition in Windows XP. As I am behind a proxy, so I downloaded –
    Matisse4MyEcipse Swing UI Designer for MyEclipse 4.1.1 – Windows 98/2000/XP (4/24/2006)

Using Help->Software Updates->Find and Install->Search for new features->New Archived Site I could successfully install Matisse4MyEclipse. Now I want to upgrade Matisse4MyEcipse Swing UI Designer for MyEclipse 4.1.1 to 5.1.0 GA. So I logged into myeclipseide.com and tried to access the URL mentioned above. But I found I dont have access to this.

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/ on this server.

Please let me know how I can download and update it.

Thanks.

#266182 Reply

Got the solution. I should have downloaded the 5.1 update instead of the 4.1.1 update at the first time. So to resolve it, I reverted back to previous MyEclipse installation to remove Matisse4MyEcipse Swing UI Designer for MyEclipse 4.1.1. To do so, I used Help->Manage Configuration->Revert to Previous. Then I downloaded MyEclipse Archived Update Site – 5.1 GA (11/13/2006). Now using Help->Software Updates->Find and Install->Search for new features->New Archived Site I could successfully install Matisse4MyEclipse.

#266230 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Philips, thank you for following up with your findings.

#267032 Reply

Victor Ott

@support-rkalla wrote:

Mike,
    When you install MyEclipse, it should automatically add the “MyEclipse Discovery Site” to your Update Manager site list. So when you go to Find and INstall, and select “Search for new features” you should have a site option of “MyEclipse Discovery Site”… do you see this on that page?

That site is currently unreachable!

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/ on this server.
    Apache/2.0.52 (Fedora) Server at downloads.myeclipseide.com Port 80

#267045 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It looks like you are trying to access the site from a web browser, and you cannot. You need to use the Eclipse update manager to access it. If you try from a browser it will always deny you.

#267050 Reply

Victor Ott

Indeed, site.xml is now directly accessible. It must have be a firewall/proxy issue at that point of time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: [Closed]URL of Update site for Matisse4Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in